Topic: New Guy From SoCal

Dave239    -- 12-26-2021 @ 2:38 PM
  I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

I just joined the Early Ford V-8 Club today. I just now found out about it from the Ford Barn.
I live in SoCal. I have been involved with cars since I was a kid. My Dad and Uncles had a few cars and trucks over the years and some with flatheads so I kind of grew up around them.
The flathead is my favorite engine and always has been. I'm not an expert on them but I can almost talk a decent game on them.
I currently have a '51 8BA in my '27 Coupe and it sounds pretty good as a stock engine. I don't plan to build it up at all. I'm a cruiser now so, no more street racing for me. I guess I'm getting old.
I'm a smart ass by trade and can take what's thrown at me. I'm not a whiner by any means.
I like grilling and I frequent car shows and swap meets. I like traditional hot rods in general and I will not turn down a muscle car as long as it's built the right way.
Anyway, if you have any questions about me, you can ask. I probably won't give it the time of day but you can always ask.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This message was edited by Dave239 on 12-30-21 @ 9:46 PM

trjford8    -- 12-26-2021 @ 4:04 PM
  Welcome aboard and glad you found the V-8 Club. Lots of good info here and you will enjoy the V-8 Times magazine.

kirkstad    -- 12-28-2021 @ 8:51 AM
  Hi Dave. Welcome and happy new year. I live on the east coast, but wish you lived next door. Waking up to the sound of that flathead would be music to my ears.

Bob-93021    -- 12-28-2021 @ 10:46 PM
  Hi Dave, Welcome to this board and the Early Ford V-8 Club. They produce a second to none magazine!
Happy to hear your early coupe has a flattie in it. If you can post a pix that would be great. As for me I am still getting my 47 Sedan more roadworthy. Should be minor stuff but other thing keep getting in the way. I am in Moorpark CA so maybe our paths will cross some day. Curious, where in SoCal are you located? Happy New to you - Bob

This message was edited by Bob-93021 on 12-28-21 @ 10:47 PM

FordFreak    -- 12-29-2021 @ 6:01 AM
  Welcome aboard. You will love the magazine! - F F

1937 Ford Coupe
1952 Ford F1 Pickup
1965 Falcon Sprint

Dave239    -- 12-29-2021 @ 12:01 PM
  Posted a few quick pics. I have a build album from picking it up in Dodge City to today. Nothing fancy just a bunch of odd photos of before and after.

Dave

This message was edited by Dave239 on 12-29-21 @ 12:13 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15383