Topic: Marvel Mystery Oil

sarahcecelia    -- 12-21-2021 @ 10:58 AM
  How much are you gas adding to the oil, and how much to the gas??

( P.S I've long ago thought Marvel Mystery Oil is nothing but ATF fluid. I like to hear how many others think that to; and how much they add to their gas and to their oil)

Let's hear it all you guys!

JT Ford    -- 12-21-2021 @ 11:30 AM
  I add about 4 - 5 o oz,s to 16 gallon of gas, None in the oil. It's not just ATF.
ATF might work also??

MG    -- 12-21-2021 @ 12:23 PM
  How much to add? Read the label for instructions....

TomO    -- 12-22-2021 @ 8:40 AM
  MMO is not transmission fluid. I do not add any to my gas. I don't see the need for it.

Tom

1931 Flamingo    -- 12-22-2021 @ 1:10 PM
  When I had my Model A I ALWAYS ran MMO, glug glug glug. Do the same thing in the 40, isn't going to hurt anything. Many people use the ATF

FWIW
Paul in CT

wmsteed    -- 12-23-2021 @ 5:24 PM
  Sage advise from my father, " Don't Let The Directions On The Can Outsmart You".
The instructions on the MMO container state '4oz per 10 gal of gasoline'.
Most good tuneup men recommend MMO added to the fuel on engines that have a carb.
The addition of MMO to the fuel will protect the carb and fuel pumps from early failure do to the effects of gasoline that contain alcohol.
I have never believed that modern engine oils need additives to improve and/or extend the life of an engine. If the oil used in an engine is of the type recommended by the manufacture, the oil has everything built into to meet the engines designed needs.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

TomO    -- 12-24-2021 @ 11:44 AM
  If you have sticky valves, MMO in the fuel works well, especially if you add 1 qt to your crankcase 500 miles before you change your oil. If you have sticky lifters, MMO in the oil helps to free them. Synthetic oil keeps them clean and free. MMO is also a good penetrating oil.

I last rebuilt my carburetor in 2005 and installed a new fuel pump in 2008. I consider that good endurance. I can only get fuel with Ethanol around my home, so most of the time that is what is in the tank. I do add Seafoam to every tank when I am not on the road. This helps preserve the fuel and retards the separation of fuel and oil. It also helps the fuel burn better and keeps the plugs cleaner.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15372