Topic: New member needs help navigating the forum

Tmusk    -- 11-28-2021 @ 7:36 PM
  I just bought a '47 Super Deluxe V8 Fordor and have no prior experience with this site or these cars. Which forum page is best for me to look up or ask questions on? I tried using the search function with "all forums" but it always came back with no findings for simple searches like "brake adjustment" and "turn signals". I'm also wondering why there seems to be special emphasis put on the certain years like the 40 Ford. Why is this? Any tutorial information would be appreciated.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 11-28-2021 @ 9:49 PM
  The General Ford Discussion is for general questions -- like the ones you are asking.
As for the Search function
Enter your key words in the first box
Change the second box from the pull down menu to ALL
And make no change to the other boxes.

Using Brake Adjustment and ALL -- I got 39 reference discussions.

When you use Username and enter a Username, you will only get posts from that Username.

The special forums were created for special topics because of requests. Both the 1932 and 1940 ones were created to assist the authors of published Club books with their information gathering.
The Truck catagories were created by request to assist truck owners with clarifications relating to their questions.

Hope this helps you out.

Web Administrator

mfirth    -- 11-29-2021 @ 4:48 AM
  Tmusk, welcome, & you came to the right place. GR8 folks & info. You may also like "The Ford Barn". Some "good stuff" there too. When I was 10 yrs old, a friend's mom drove us around Put-In-Bay Ohio in a 47 4 door. Always liked that car.

Bill E Bob    -- 11-29-2021 @ 7:01 AM
  Welcome to the forum from another '47 Super deluxe V8 Fordor owner.

Aim low--Achieve your goals.

Tmusk    -- 12-01-2021 @ 6:49 PM
  Thanks all, I'm rolling now, albeit slowly, learning and having fun on the site. Forums make the vintage car hobby infinitely more enjoyable!

trjford8    -- 12-05-2021 @ 7:58 AM
  Since you are new to the hobby of old Fords you should join the Early Ford V-8 Club and get the V-8 Times magazine.
The V-8 Times has lots of good tech information. You can join the club(Membership) in the lefthand menu of this site. I would also recommend that you purchase the V-8 Club's 1941-1948 book which you can also purchase in the left menu from the "on-line store". Lots of great info in that book for the '41'48 owner.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15321