Topic: Web Page - 75th Anniversary Vehicles - 1947

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 09-03-2021 @ 11:57 AM
  CALLING ALL 1947 FORD MOTOR COMPANY VEHICLE OWNERS.

It is not too soon to start thinking about the 75th Anniversary of the 1947 model year.
If you scroll down on the main page, you will see where the acknowledgement is for the 75th year.
YOU........could have your 1947 - Ford, Mercury, Lincoln or Ford truck as a backdrop on the main page. All you have to do is submit a clear 3/4 view digital picture to the web administrator.
While I will not guarantee that your photo will be used, I do change them depending on how many I receive.

So, before you park your vehicle for the year (for those in the northern climate), get those 1947 vehicles out, find a spot that makes a good back ground (watch out for trees growing out of the roof) and snap that photo.

Use the Contact Us link on the left hand main menu -- then click on Email: at the top (no need to fill out the boxes).

Web Administrator

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 09-14-2021 @ 11:52 AM
  btt

Web Administrator

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-20-2021 @ 5:06 AM
  btt

Web Administrator

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-28-2021 @ 6:41 AM
  btt

Web Administrator

46coupe    -- 10-29-2021 @ 10:37 AM
  Sir,
I would like to say thank you for your work on the website and to all who have made this club one of the best. The V8 Times is a stellar magazine that I look forward to reading when it arrives. However, I am more than disappointed in the fact that there has been NO 1946 Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury on any cover, front or back this year. I assume that there were a lot of submissions by members. I submitted a picture but didn't expect to see it on any cover as there are a lot of nicer ones that probably were submitted. As a fairly new member I was excited to see a car like I own being on a cover celebrating 75 years of history. Hopefully, one might be on the cover of the Nov/Dec issue.
I tried to email the editor but the server blocked my email. I wanted to ask why there were no articles regarding the car, save the one by Mercury Ed. If no one had submitted any articles, some older articles could have been reprinted. I found some in the older Times issues on the thumb drive I bought from the club.
Hopefully, there will be better coverage of the 1947 cars via covers and coverage next year.
Respectfully,
Brad Adams

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-29-2021 @ 9:50 PM
  Brad;
I can not speak for the editor, but as web administrator, I can tell you that your 1946 Ford Coupe was posted on this web site's Main Page (Home) back in April of this year.
Currently there is a Ford Motor Company factory photo of a 1946 Mercury Fordor Sedan. To see the photo, click on Home and scroll down.

I only use factory photos when members do not send me anything to post. And, thank you for your submission.
Here it is again.

Web Administrator

46coupe    -- 10-31-2021 @ 12:38 PM
  Hello). I am currently working on a notebook containing all the articles regarding cars from 41-48 that address mechanical tips and fixes. I started on the year 2016 today. ALL 6 issues for 2016 have a 1941 car featured on the cover, front, back or both. Articles regarding the 41 cars are in each issue., including one on the correct tools for the car. I am aware of the timeframe for that year and all that was happening so there are articles regarding 1942 as well. This is what prompted my earlier message. Why are there not more articles this year about the 46?
Please forward both my posts to the new editor. Maybe it's not too late to really recognize the anniversary car for this year.
Thanks for your help,
Brad

This message was edited by 46coupe on 11-2-21 @ 4:22 PM

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-31-2021 @ 9:04 PM
  Brad;
In the current issue of the V-8 TIMES the following pages 4, 5, 51, 98 and 106, there is the editor's contact information -- mailing address, email address and phone number.

Please use one of those means to contact the editor about your concerns for anniversary years stories.
You can also contact the editor by clicking on National Club Information on the Menu to the left (blue column) and then click on Staff Roster. Scroll down to Staff and click on the editor's email address.

Web Administrator

46coupe    -- 11-01-2021 @ 9:51 AM
  Thank you for your reply. i tried that earlier before I used this forum. I don't have or use the windows email program which the staff has. Possibly the editor or someone on staff will read this and respond. The Nov/Dec issue is probably finalized anyway. We'll see how the 2022 issues cover the 1947 anniversary. Maybe some other members will have input as well.
Brad

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15126