Topic: Mice Problems

classiclover    -- 09-03-2021 @ 6:05 AM
  Greetings

I am sure most of you know how to keep the mice from destroying the wiring in your old fords. Appreciate any advice, as I see I have an issue here

Dale

FordFreak    -- 09-03-2021 @ 6:13 AM
  The best solution is get a cat, or two. No mice problem in my garage! - F F

1937 Ford Coupe
1952 Ford F1 Pickup
1965 Falcon Sprint

TomO    -- 09-03-2021 @ 8:06 AM
  If you store your car outside, the only solution is the jack it up so that the tires are more than 6" above ground, and that is not a sure thing.

If you store it inside, make sure that there are NO openings larger than you baby's little finger, have a few open bottles of ammonia around the car, make sure that the floor is cleaned of all grass, leaves and other vegetation and leave a radio playing heavy metal rock turned on.

All of these are a deterrent, but non of them are guarantee.

Tom

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 09-03-2021 @ 10:13 AM
  HI
MICE PROBLEMS.,
you can use RODENT SHERIFF this is a spray, and is safe to use, is a minty peppermint smell, bought at LOWES
you can do every few weeks, follow directions,
also MOTH BALLS, and dryer sheets, under the seats,
you can put the moth balls in a cloth bag and hang under the dash, and in the engine compartment,trunk, in rumble seat area
be sure to remove when using the car,
hope this helps, 37 RAGTOPMAN Maine

Mr Rogers    -- 09-03-2021 @ 10:33 AM
  Mouse trips. 1 on the drivers side floor and 1 on passenger side. Another on top of the engine. Plus, the ultimate would be, 1 in the trunk. Use cheese or peanut butter as the food source. Check them once every 2 weeks.

This message was edited by Mr Rogers on 9-3-21 @ 10:35 AM

mfirth    -- 09-04-2021 @ 4:57 AM
  i have had good luck with Renuzits "After The Rain" solid room freshner. 2 in the car, 1 in the trunck. Pleasant smell which goes away in the spring . So far so good. 3 years..... I read about it somewhere, but where ???? too old.......

nelsb01    -- 09-04-2021 @ 5:42 AM
  Ditto the Renuzit ---
Over 8 years of using it.
Also, take the time to mouse proof your building. Check under the bottom siding board using a mirror to see how the sill plate is along the cement blocks. Cauck any holes that you find. I also place rodent control boxes in the garage. Havent seen any of it eaten in over 6 years.

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 9-4-21 @ 7:10 AM

TomO    -- 09-04-2021 @ 7:55 AM
  I don't recommend any food source be kept in the garage, even as bait in the traps. The worse year for rodents in my garage was the year the exterminator placed rodent poison in the garage. The rodents came in and used the insulation to make a nice nest in a spare radiator.

Tom

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 09-05-2021 @ 1:14 PM
  if you USE Mice traps be sure to check them daily,till the population of mice tapers off,
there is nothing worse then finding half of a mouse.
my 2 cents, 37Ragtopman
peanut butter is the best,
using rat- mouse poison is tricky, MICE' RATS' CHIPMUNKS' can up between the walls of the house,garage
, and DIE and this is NOT GOOD,

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 9-6-21 @ 10:23 AM

alexthecarguy    -- 09-05-2021 @ 4:26 PM
  You may want to read this article online:

https://www.cooperpest.com/blog/how-do-i-keep-mice-out-of-my-garage

You may consider getting a peppermint spray as well.

41fatty    -- 10-04-2021 @ 8:34 AM
  dehydrating habanero peppers in my closed garage seems to keep all critters away

Jacques1960    -- 10-05-2021 @ 2:37 AM
  Fresh Cab botanical repellent pouches (smells nice) and steel wool in the tail pipe. For added protection, place glue board traps completely around each tire.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15125