Topic: 1936 Deluxe garnish molding additions lengths

lkeough    -- 10-16-2009 @ 2:36 PM
  The 1936 Deluxe cars used "double wing" additions below the door and side window interior garnish moldings. The Tudor and 3W Coupes used a longer one on the doors, and the Fordors and 5W coupes used a shorter one. I am in need of all four additions for my 1936 Tudor Touring Sedan. I have located two, but the member/seller does not know which vehicle they are for. Does someone know the length of the two different versions? Also, are the rear side window addiions the same length as the door additions on a Tudor sedan? Thank you. Larry Keough

trjford8    -- 10-16-2009 @ 7:18 PM
  The rear side window additions would be longer.

Don Rogers    -- 10-16-2009 @ 9:15 PM
  Larry, I don't have the dimensions for you but I can tell you the following:

Tudors and 3-window coupes used 68-702076 front door window panel garnish. Tudors also used the same garnish on the backside window panels.

Fordors, and 5-window coupes used a shorter front window garnish 68-732076. Fordors also used the shorter garnish on the rear doors.

lkeough    -- 10-20-2009 @ 2:05 PM
  Thank you for the replies. I am still trying to find the length in inches of the longer "double wings" that I need. All four of my Standard Tudor Touring Sedan garnish moldings are the same length, as they should be. The straight bottom portion of the moldings is approximately 31 inches in length. The part number 68-702076 was evidently for a complete garnish molding, with the wings attached. I have been told by some members that the "double wings", which do not have their own separate part number, may simply be added to my Standard garnish moldings. Does anyone know the length of the longer version "double wings"?

lkeough    -- 10-28-2009 @ 5:30 PM
  I have gathered more information. The Tudor Sedans and 3-Window Coupes use a garnish add-on approximately 25 inches long. The Fordor Sedans and 5-Window Coupes use one that is approximately 18 inches long.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=151