Topic: Ford V8 Heater

tex42    -- 08-11-2021 @ 8:24 AM
  I have a Ford V8 script heater. Just wondering what it went in? The heater looks brand new, like it has never been installed, fan works. The V8 looks like it was at one time painted black. The doors are chrome. Paint looks new, not restored.

ford38v8    -- 08-11-2021 @ 3:56 PM
  Ooops. Two posts same question? Do you expect different answers?

Alan

tex42    -- 08-11-2021 @ 8:17 PM
  One in General and one in trucks. I would think different people might look at different forums.

ford38v8    -- 08-11-2021 @ 9:44 PM
  I see that now. Actually, I never visit the individual forums, preferring to hit the “Today’s Active Discussions” button on the main Forum page.
You shouldn’t refer to your heater as a “Script” heater, as that implies that it is Ford, which it is not. Yes, it is old, and most likely an aftermarket. There were companies that specialized in hijacking the fame of other companies, and certainly not just of Ford.

Alan

juergen    -- 08-12-2021 @ 6:01 AM
  I don't see any "Ford" script anywhere. It certainly was not original for a pre-49 Ford hot water heater which had a 4 wire motor (2 speeds forward and reverse).

This message was edited by juergen on 8-12-21 @ 6:02 AM

tex42    -- 08-12-2021 @ 8:23 PM
  It has V8 on both doors.

MG    -- 08-12-2021 @ 9:52 PM
  See this discussion > https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1391117-old-heater-id-help.html

ford38v8    -- 08-12-2021 @ 10:13 PM
  So it has V8 on both doors doesn’t make it Ford script. Ford is not the only V8, and this heater wasn’t made for any specific car company anyway. The term Ford Script refers to the name Ford in a patented script font style, usually in a blue oval. The term V8 has been used by other car companies, and is in the public domain.

Alan

42wagon    -- 08-13-2021 @ 3:53 AM
  First it is not a Ford script heater. The fact it has V8 on the doors is not the same as Ford script which is the name Ford in script. Aside from that I have a 42 heater and it has no name anywhere on it but according to the 41 to48 Ford book it is a Ford authorized heater. I have seen either physically or in pictures other Ford authorized heaters of the era. None look remotely like the one in pictures here. Since Ford and probably other car manufacturers of the era did not factory install heaters,it left it open to the dealers to install Ford authorized heaters and others to fill the aftermarket requests. The heater here was probably sold by Western Auto or a similar company.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 08-14-2021 @ 11:35 AM
  IF
you can find who made it would help to finding's what car it would be for,
any names or numbers on it,?
being it has a V8 on it I doubt it is a after marker part,
why would you buy it if it had a V8 on it and owned a 6 cylinder, it limits sales off the get go,
if is nice ART DECO, so should be for a car in that era,
hope this helps 37Ragtopman Maine

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=15057