Topic: Scammer attempt

ken ct.    -- 07-11-2021 @ 8:56 AM
  Scammer tried to buy my advertized fuel pump. Routine ,over total check with extra $$ to be returned to buyer and part will be picked up at my home. NO thanks perpatrator (JOHN WATSON.) ken ct.

bo8109b    -- 07-11-2021 @ 11:46 AM
  Same John Watson tried to buy my Mercury clock. Soo obvious scammer.

Orignal36    -- 08-27-2021 @ 6:44 AM
  Not sure if this is the right place to report this. I have a wanted ad posted. Was contacted by Nicolas Islo (nicolasislo7@gmail.com) claiming to have the part. He sent me a picture of the car he said he was "breaking". Wanted me to send a list of parts and he would give me price. The car in the picture he sent is 10 times nicer than mine. When I asked why not sell the car he said others need parts too. Would not send picture of part I posted for. I searched his name and found similar complaint claims on other sites, some for motorcycles, some for cars. Everyone reported him as a scammer. Just wanted to give a heads up in case he contacts others.

Orignal36    -- 08-31-2021 @ 11:49 PM
  Yet another name for the scammer list. I was contacted by another scammer, Dona Smal (donasmal86@gmail.com). This person used the exact same wording as Nicolas Islo. Sent a picture of a beautiful 36 Fordor claiming was breaking. I am seriously thinking of taking my wanted ad down. If I get one more of these scam attempts down it comes. Such a shame they ruin a good thing.

51504bat    -- 09-01-2021 @ 7:12 AM
  I wouldn't give up on your wanted ad because of a few scammers. Yes they are a PITA but easy to spot and ignore. A while ago I posted a wanted ad on another board for a speedometer for my '54 Ford Ranch Wagon. I immediately got several of the typical scammers which I ignored. I did however get a reply from a guy who had a NOS one complete with face plate for a very fair price. If I had deleted my ad due to all the scammer BS I would have lost out on a great deal. JMO.

trjford8    -- 09-01-2021 @ 8:50 AM
  I agree with 51504bat on this. Don't let the scammers scare you from advertising. They show up on every site and you can spot them. This is our hobby and don't let these leeches scare you off.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14992