Topic: pick-up ford 1936

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-22-2021 @ 4:59 AM
  hi everybody, i recently buy my 1936 pick-up truck model 68/80a but if i want to register it for driving in belgium, i need a technical informations or a conformity certificate or all the originalinformation papers emited by ford for my wonderful pick-up thanks a lot at you all

1940 Tom    -- 04-22-2021 @ 7:04 AM
  Good Morning--

Welcome to the Early Ford V8 Club !

OK - to your question. I am going to have to plead ignorance to most of it, as I do not own a 36 pickup (1940 Sedan instead) and am not familiar with Belgium's Motor Vehicle licensing requirements.

But all is not lost!

Scroll over to the left part of the screen (dark blue section) and click on "Online Store". Click on the link for "Ford Books". The 1935/'36 Ford Book should give you SOME, but not all of the technical info you need. An excellent book.

Your best source for assistance will be my fellow Club members who own 1936 pickups. They should be able to help you with more specific information for purposes of your registration. The Forum website is a great place for communicating with Club members.

Good Luck.

Tom

wmsteed    -- 04-22-2021 @ 6:52 PM
  Hi, welcome to the Early Ford V8 world..
I have have had a lot of experience with the '35 through '41 Ford 1/2 ton trucks. In some respects the available info for the pre WWII trucks is quite sparse. The original owners manual was a very thin unbound booklet that contained very little technical information.
I would suggest that you look around Belgium to see if you can locate people that have Early Ford V8's.
Is you vehicle a US vehicle or is it European ? left or right hand drive?
There were a lot of '35-36 and later Ford trucks made in Germany prior to WWII. Ford was very active all over Europe in the '30s...

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

1940 Tom    -- 04-22-2021 @ 7:29 PM
  I agree with everything that Bill has said.

The thing that has me stumped is exactly what your Motor Vehicle Department needs in order to register the truck for use in Belgium. Vehicle specifications/measurements? Engine size or type? Not sure what you need in regard to a "conformity certificate", as I have never heard the term before for registering an antique vehicle in the U.S.

Like Bill indicated, stuff about pre-war Ford pickups is very hard to find.

If your Motor Vehicle Department can be more specific as to what they need to register the truck in Belgium - a letter would be most helpful, my fellow members can help you with what knowledge and documents that they can share.

Tom

1940 Tom    -- 04-22-2021 @ 8:03 PM
  I did an E Bay search - "1936 Ford pickup Owners Manual". I found 2 books for sale.

"1936 Ford Truck Owner's Manual User Guide Reference Operator Book Fuses Fluids". Brand new. Sells for $18.19US.

I also found "1936 Ford V8 V8 Owners Manual User Guide". New. Sells for $20.29US. That one may contain, primarily, info and specs on the 1936 passenger cars.

I don't know anything about the authenticity of either book, or what they have in them. But they may have info needed by your Motor Vehicle Department.

Take a look at both of them - "eBay.com" and do a search as I outlined above.

Tom

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-22-2021 @ 10:25 PM
  bonjour wmsteed, mon 36 est importé de californie avec le VIN:181444137 et plus précisément un extrait de ce qu'ils me demandent dans le mail: (En principe il faut fournir une copie des documents mais comme il s’agit d’un ancien véhicule et en plus hors UE, il faudra une fiche technique constructeur reprenant les données techniques de ce véhicule (masse max totale, par essieu, cylindrée, puissance…)pour pouvoir l’immatriculer par la suite.) lien : https://www.rdclassics.com/classic-cars/ford/model-67/top-zustand-12652974

This message was edited by ganjaaaaa on 4-23-21 @ 1:50 AM

Grant    -- 04-24-2021 @ 6:51 AM
  Bonjour ganjaaaaa.

Je suis membre du club a Canada. Je ne parle pas couramment le francais, mais peut-etre assez pour communiquer.

Nous avons ici dans notre collection de litterature un publication de Ford of USA qui s'appelle "The 1936 Ford V-8 Trucks". Il y a beaucoup d'information la-dedans avec photos et specifications sur le sujet de camions V-8 construits par Ford a Dearborn pendant l'annee de 1936.

Tres grand. Seize pages. Condition tres bon. Detaillee incroyablement ....... Ford V-8 pickup 112 inch chassis, Deluxe panel delivery, panel delivery, sedan delivery et station wagon. Et aussi les camion plus grands.

Si tu veux, je pourrais montrer ici sur le EFV8 Club web site un photograph de chaque page. Et puis, tu peux les montrer a la Ministere de Transportation en Belgique.

Ca va? C'est une bonne idee?

40 Coupe    -- 04-24-2021 @ 7:05 AM
  Ford had a Salesman handbook for 36 with all the data I believe you need such as weight and dimensions. If someone has a copy it would be nice to scan the pages and post them here. You can find information on Van Pelt sales web page that covers serial numbers.

This message was edited by 40 Coupe on 4-24-21 @ 7:08 AM

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-25-2021 @ 11:15 PM
  hi accorder, thank you for your answer
but what i'm looking for is any official specs emited by ford USA but i'm sure what you are proposing is interesting for another members of this club,
best regards,
laurent. (don't worry, your french is more than acceptable!!)

This message was edited by ganjaaaaa on 4-26-21 @ 1:04 AM

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-26-2021 @ 12:55 AM
  hi 40 coupé,
this solution seems to be the most interesting for me, if anyone have them , it would be nice to take the time to scan all documents in corelation with this model,
in advance, thanks a lot.
best regards,
laurent.

This message was edited by ganjaaaaa on 4-26-21 @ 1:26 AM

40 Coupe    -- 04-26-2021 @ 3:48 AM
  Suggest you contact Don Rogers in Missouri

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-26-2021 @ 10:31 PM
  thanks 40'coupé, i have contacted don rogers and i'm waiting an answer of him,
i thank you for the information,
best regards,
Laurent Lefèvre.

This message was edited by ganjaaaaa on 4-26-21 @ 11:20 PM

Don Rogers    -- 04-27-2021 @ 7:04 AM
  Laurent, I did not get any email from you yet?? Here is a copy of the 1936 Model specifications. Is this what you are looking for?

Don Rogers    -- 04-27-2021 @ 8:06 AM
  Here's some more information that might help.

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-27-2021 @ 10:01 PM
  thanks a lot don,
this is exactly what i'm looking for!
sorry for the late answers, but the jet lag between Belgium and USA is aprox 6 hours,
best regards,
Laurent.

This message was edited by ganjaaaaa on 4-27-21 @ 10:06 PM

ganjaaaaa    -- 04-29-2021 @ 11:16 PM
  hi don,
if it is not too ask,do you have more scans for me about this truck?
best regards,
Laurent.

Don Rogers    -- 04-30-2021 @ 11:39 AM
  Here are a few more specs.

ganjaaaaa    -- 05-03-2021 @ 11:35 AM
  Thanks a lot don

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14762