Topic: Member roster question.

Gary M.    -- 04-09-2021 @ 7:24 PM
  Hi guys, is there a way to look up a members name alphabetically rather than by state.? Also, does the general public have access to the Ford club want adds or is it just members that have signed In with a password ,?

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 04-09-2021 @ 9:42 PM
  I will try and answer your questions.
No, there is not an online membership listing that is shared. As part of the Club's privacy policy, we do not share or sell the membership list.

As for the web site, everything that you can see, can also be seen by others. Only individuals that create a USerID and password to this site can post classified ads and also start or answer discussion topics on the V-8 Forum.

We do monitor the classified ads and Forum discussions.

Web Administrator

Gary M.    -- 04-10-2021 @ 3:48 AM
  My assumption was just that, I thought I could trust doing business through the website with someone that answered my classified want ad, but I think I was wrong.
That is the reason I wanted to check the validity of this person's membership. Oh well, live and learn!
Thanks....

trjford8    -- 04-10-2021 @ 8:30 AM
  Gary, we do get scammers on this site, but they are also on other sites too. Some will even give you photos of the item which are usually photos stolen from somewhere else. They usually only communicate by e-mail and they usually use g mail addresses. One of the ways to avoid the scam is ask their name, what state they live in, and if they are a club member. Then look them up in the roster. If you can't find them in the roster but they say they are a member that is the first clue. They also want you to pay by some method that cannot be traced such as a money gram, etc. If you have questions about a seller come to this site and we may recognize the name of the crook. Sorry as it sounds like you encountered a scammer.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 4-10-21 @ 8:34 AM

Barney    -- 04-10-2021 @ 11:00 AM
  Hi,
Another method to add to your investigative prowess to deek out scammers is to ask absurd questions. I recently asked a scammer if he had any extra rear end ratios. Also, asked him for a set of front valve covers that would fit a '40. I was delighted - he / she had both, and for only an extra $50!
Barney

Gary M.    -- 04-10-2021 @ 2:38 PM
  What site do I go to if I want to check this person out who scammed me ?

kubes40    -- 04-10-2021 @ 4:20 PM
  Gary, I don't believe there is a site one can search named scammers. Methinks the scammers tend to hide their identities.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

Gary M.    -- 04-10-2021 @ 5:06 PM
  Well , fortunately it was not alot of money.

Gary M.    -- 04-10-2021 @ 5:08 PM
  And I still need the parts that I thought I was buying. Don't even know who to trust anymore !!

trjford8    -- 04-11-2021 @ 7:27 AM
  Don't lose your faith in people. Start by dealing with only people that are club members and LISTED IN THE ROSTER. If you need new parts, purchase them from the advertisers in the V-8 Times. Lastly go to swap meets where you can see the part and buy it directly from the seller.

Gary M.    -- 04-11-2021 @ 8:06 AM
  Well why not just ask you guys. Do any of you know someone who has a passenger side sun visor and a passenger side front door arm rest for sale for my 39 Standard ? I'd pay a fair price , I can't see buying aftermarket parts when there are plenty of good parts out there at a much more fair price.

nelsb01    -- 04-11-2021 @ 11:16 AM
  I'd give Michael a call at Third Gen Automotive.
He has all sorts of things.

https://thirdgenauto.com

Gary M.    -- 04-11-2021 @ 12:02 PM
  I will, thanks.

oldford2    -- 04-12-2021 @ 4:04 PM
  Maybe off topic but I got my roster today. Massachusetts is listed under Kentucky?? Roster is a little mixed up this month.
john

trjford8    -- 04-14-2021 @ 7:04 AM
  Part of Washington is also listed under Texas at the top of the page.

Don Rogers    -- 04-17-2021 @ 7:59 AM
  I don't see the problem in my roster. Look at the page numbers to see if they are out of sequence(ie assembled wrong)

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14743