Topic: Randy Rundle

jamesmundstock    -- 02-20-2021 @ 11:40 AM
  I made a post last week and sarahcecilia made a response to call Randy Rundle. I tried calling and no answer so I Googled his name and his obituary popped up. It mentioned his business as Fifth Ave Garage so I know it was the same Randy. He passed away on February 1st. He was 62. So sad.

JT Ford    -- 02-20-2021 @ 12:58 PM
  I have purchased several items from him and he gave good service! I meet him in his home town resteraunt while on a trip to Salina Kansas. EFV-8 Spring Fling with several other V-8,ers. After eating he took us the his business and gave us all a tour of the place......

MG    -- 02-20-2021 @ 4:26 PM
  In December of 1987, Randy started Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts to market the new 6-volt alternator. He designed a sales brochure, began sending out new product press releases, and started placing ads in automotive and farm magazines. During this time, Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts also introduced a 12-volt alternator that would be able to recharge the battery at idle, speeds as low as 400 rpms. This was in contrast to modern alternators, which provide little or no output below 1200 engine rpms. The new 6-volt alternator allowed all of the original 6-volt electrical system to remain in place, while providing a 60% greater output. In addition, the new 6-volt alternator would be able to recharge the battery at idle and low engine rpms, just like a modern day 12-volt charging system. That would put an end to the trademark hard starting dead batteries and dim headlights associated with the 6-volt electrical systems.

sarahcecelia    -- 02-21-2021 @ 4:20 AM
  I didn't know that; and that is SO VERY SAD!! He was such a nice guy to talk to, and ask questions, and he had a wealth of knowledge!!! I thought of him as a friend.I know I, and all who dealt with him will miss him!!! "May you rest in peace Randy!!"

Regards, Steve Lee

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14627