Topic: Parts wanted

silverchief    -- 02-19-2021 @ 10:29 AM
  After reading my parts wanted ad , Nicolas Islo advised he is "breaking his car apart" to sell parts because of his "health problems."and should have any part I need.

I feel so sorry for poor Nicolas, I hope at long last he has the bushings for my external cam monitor.

42wagon    -- 02-19-2021 @ 11:48 AM

Be careful. Unless you know Nicholas personally this may be a scam. Why breakup a complete car?

Mr Rogers    -- 02-19-2021 @ 12:26 PM
  He also go's under the name Bobbie ....... same wording. Sent me a pic of a 36 4 door at a car show!! BEWARE.

silverchief    -- 02-19-2021 @ 1:24 PM
  Actually there is little to be wary of. These mutts are so obvious you can see through them like a pane of glass.

Using the Internet to commit fraud is a federal offense. It is a violation of Title 18 USC (United States Code) section 1343.

Penalty for a first offense is 5 years in federal prison. Penalty for a second offense is 20 years in a federal prison.

Of course if the perp is located overseas he is not really worried about that.

In terms of these guys trying to steal money from our members, 226 bills were introduced in the most recent congress addressing cybercrime.
Only ten were voted into law, and only two focused on imposing consequences on the human actors behind the fraud.

I guess that means we just have to be careful.

This message was edited by silverchief on 2-19-21 @ 1:39 PM

ford38v8    -- 02-19-2021 @ 2:31 PM
  You know, some of our guys entertain themselves with a conversation with these scammers. Not a good idea to respond in any fashion, as that only confirms to them that your phone or email is legitimate and you wind up on even more lists than previously. More than that also, by clicking on the link in your email, you establish a connection from your computer to theirs, putting your system at risk.

Alan

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 02-20-2021 @ 7:57 AM
  parts wanted,

I always to make sure they are a member, by checking the EARLY FORD V8 ROSTER,
to see if they are a member, ! before I answer them,
tell them you want a full name and which state or country they are from before doing any business,

my 2 cents 37Ragtopman

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14622