Topic: '50 Ford Crestliner

pferguson    -- 02-09-2021 @ 11:04 AM
  Hello, I inherited a restored Crestliner from my dad a couple years ago and recently did a cleanout of his building. In the building there were lots of spare parts. I'm looking for resource ideas to sell the parts. I certainly don't need all the parts I got but hated to see them go to the scr*pyard.
I did some Crestliner searches on eBay but not getting too many hits. Would also like to sell them in Colorado and to not have to ship them.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

1931 Flamingo    -- 02-09-2021 @ 11:39 AM
  Post them here in Parts For Sale, also on the Ford Barn and the HAMB.
Paul in CT

silverchief    -- 02-09-2021 @ 1:56 PM
  Please send me a PM for helpful info re selling the parts right here in Colorado.

This message was edited by silverchief on 2-9-21 @ 2:28 PM

sarahcecelia    -- 02-10-2021 @ 1:20 PM
  You're getting awfully "picky" only wanting to sell them in Colorado; That cuts your chances of selling any of you parts by about 95%. Sell them on this site. Remember; a Crestliner was about $200. 00 more new in the 1950's than a "Deluxe" or "Custom" model and those two sold about 100,000 units, where as the Crestliner only sold about 12,000 units.That means there were very few then, and even less now! $200.00 was a considerable amount of money then; I graduated from High School in 1955 and worked for mininum wage-75 cents an hour!!

Regards, Steve Lee

trjford8    -- 02-10-2021 @ 1:58 PM
  Save as many Crestliner specific parts as you can, especially the trim. All it takes is an accident and if the trim is damaged you will have a tough time finding more. Contact V-8 Club members in Colorado (use the V-8 club roster) to get some advice on what to keep and what to sell. In order to sell some of the items you will have to do shipping.

pferguson    -- 02-11-2021 @ 12:33 PM
  Thanks for the feedback on this. I thought I'd start locally in Colorado and then branch out and considering shipping if nothing works out.

Regards,
Paul

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14595