Topic: Paint Color Code

mcgrane.colin@gmail.com    -- 10-27-2020 @ 7:46 PM
  Good Evening,

I’m new to the forum. I have purchased a 53 Crestline Victoria for my son and I to work on. The person we purchased the vehicle from had already done a great deal of work. The car is down to metal and primer. However, they had all the vinyl completed. Here’s my question. The code on my vin plate says the trim is K. I looked that up as green and cloth in my 1953 book. The problem is that I have flamingo red and ivory vinyl.

My real issue is the paint color code. It is listed as AL as you can see from the photo. I cannot find anything online or in my old books that tells me what that color combo is supposed to be.

Can anyone share any resources to help me find the right information?

Regards,
Colin

carcrazy    -- 10-27-2020 @ 9:31 PM
  The information on your data plate indicates the following:
Color - AL
A = M-1724 Raven Black
L = M-2J-68 Sungate Ivory

When the car was produced with two-tone colors, the codes for each of the two colors were listed together as the color.

Your car originally had the lower body painted black and the top painted white.

The Trim I.D. of K for a Crestline Victoria is Green Shadowstripe Craftloom and Dark Green Vinyl Bolster.

mcgrane.colin@gmail.com    -- 10-28-2020 @ 6:47 AM
  Thank you!

I was coming up with the same results between online sources and the books I purchased. Thank you for the confirmation.

Now I guess I need to figure out what to do with all this flamingo red and ivory vinyl interior.

Colin

JayChicago    -- 10-29-2020 @ 11:08 AM
  I think a red & ivory interior would look good with a black & ivory exterior. Red is a nice compliment to black. (Just one bloke’s opinion)

trjford8    -- 10-30-2020 @ 5:37 PM
  Unless you are looking to restore to concourse specifications I would use the interior that came with the car. I think it will look just fine. The reality is you and your son will have a great time working on the project together. Enjoy the project.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14277