Topic: Tom Johnston

supereal    -- 10-02-2020 @ 2:11 PM
  Anyone hear from Tom Johnston? He lives in Napa, where the wildfires have devastated the area. Tom is a past president of the Club, and a genuine good guy.

nelsb01    -- 10-02-2020 @ 2:21 PM
  The update that I got today from the Accessories Staff (that lives down the street from Tom) was that it is bad out there. The air quality is terrible. But they are safe.
Several members have been evacuated and as of today their property is still OK.
If you look at a map of the fire, it is northwest of the city directly -- but that is only a wind gust away. As they mentioned, now is not a good time to visit Napa.

We wish them all well and that there will be cool and damp conditions.

supereal    -- 10-02-2020 @ 2:38 PM
  Thanks for the news. Out here in the midwest, all we get is the TV of the flame walls everywhere. Here, in Iowa, we had a dericho last month that destroyed everything in its path, such as half of the trees, lots of roofs, and most of the electric, cable, and internet, so we know what our friends out west are facing. Dericho is a Spanish word for "straight", and we had sudden winds of more that 140 mph that lasted just minutes with no warning.

trjford8    -- 10-03-2020 @ 8:12 AM
  Bob, thanks so much for thinking of us. We are fine out here. Lots of smoke, so we are staying inside, but fires are north of us about 18 miles. The winds have not materialized like predicted and this morning the temps have cooled down a lot. Not as smoky this morning and the firefighters are making progress. Most of us can't wait for 2020 to disappear!

Don Rogers    -- 10-03-2020 @ 9:23 PM
  Glad you guys are safe. Keep those cars covered.

Don

1940 Tom    -- 10-07-2020 @ 7:19 PM
  Good Evening All---

I live in Fremont, California, about 50 miles southwest of Tom's residence in the Beautiful Napa Valley.

Fremont is where the Teslas are made - if anybody cares.

We were completely untouched by the fires. No damages reported here. However, like Tom, we've been breathing some pretty unhealthy, gunky, smoky air for a few weeks. That's getting better, thank Heaven, and the temperatures are cooling. All of those magnificent, exhausted firefighters each deserve a medal!

Glad to hear that Tom and his family are all OK.

Thanks to all the EFV8CA Members who are thinking of us here in " The Golden-Brown State".

Tom

trjford8    -- 10-08-2020 @ 8:17 AM
  The biggest fire called the "Glass Fire' is well over 50% contained. with cooler weather, no wind and morning fog they are making huge gains on containment. It's very evident as the air has cleared up immensely and we are almost back to normal on air quality. Thanks to all for checking in on us. Someone up valley(St. Helena area) did lose a 40-41 pickup and their house, but I don't know who they are. All I saw was a photo

supereal    -- 10-08-2020 @ 10:29 AM
  Very happy to know you and Pam are safe, and that things are starting to wind down there.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14212