Topic: Ford parts seller

Barney    -- 07-30-2020 @ 9:54 AM
  Hello All,
I'm looking for all four arm rests for my 1940 Ford Fordor. I received a 'hit' from a "dealer" that does not accept checks or money orders, even though I told him/her I expected for them to wait several days for it to clear before shipping. Goes by the ID of 'P. Collective Sarl'; eddress is 'moongh20045@hotmail.com'. They claim they are not members of this club. Anyone had experience with this outlet they're willing to share? Thank you.
Barney

JayChicago    -- 07-30-2020 @ 12:53 PM
  I suspect he is one of the many scammers mining our wanted ads.

'P. Collective Sarl' emailed me in response to my parts wanted ad. He simply said he had the part, but no other description or other info. I asked to see a picture. He sent me a picture of something else, looked like a pic he pulled from ebay. Told him that was the wrong part, and then never heard back from him.

1940 Tom    -- 07-30-2020 @ 1:04 PM
  Good Afternoon, Barney--

Personally, I have never heard of this "dealer". From what you say about him - I'd avoid him like The Plague. Incidentally, the "20045" of this dealer's email address just happens to be the same as the Zip Code for Washington D.C. Don't know what significance that would have, if any.

Photos of the interior of my 40 Fordor Sedan. No such things as "rear door armrests". The rear armrests are a separate upholstery panel that fits below the rear 1/4 window, right next to the seat edge. Both rear door panels are relatively smooth, except for the window crank and the interior door handle.

The vast majority of the 40's that I have seen only have 1 armrest - on the driver's door. I know you can get a form for an armrest on the front passenger door. But it is rarely installed.

Good luck with your Sedan.

Tom

1940 Tom    -- 07-30-2020 @ 5:27 PM
  Barney--
Photos of my 2 front interior doors.
I only installed the drivers armrest. The front passenger door does not have an armrest, and neither do the rear doors.
This is the configuration I see on most 40 Fordor Sedans.
Good Luck.
Tom

trjford8    -- 07-31-2020 @ 6:42 AM
  Barney you were obviously contacted by a 'scammer" . They roam these sites looking for victims all the time. You were right to come here and check with us.

TomO    -- 07-31-2020 @ 7:09 AM
  The standard cars could get a driver's door arm rest as an option, the Deluxe cars had a driver's door armrest as standard equipment, I can find no reference to a passenger side front door armrest as an option for the Fordor sedan. See a6ttachment for standard equipment.

Tom

Barney    -- 07-31-2020 @ 6:04 PM
  Thank you all for responding to my query. I thought I smelled a rat, you guys allowed me to get a better whiff - thanks. I also noticed the DC zip code - hmm. I realize there are no rear arm rest for the rear doors, but there are rests below the quarter window. It's interesting Mac's sells them for 1941s but not 1940s. I asked their upholstery manager; he confirmed the rear arm rests are not interchangeable between the '40s and '41s. Maybe I'll try fabricating them; I have the pre-sewn fabric for them. Thanks again,
Barney

39 Ken    -- 08-01-2020 @ 6:13 AM
  I think I have a drivers side door armrest that came in a LB kit that I
didn't use. If you need it, PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.
Ken

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14032