Topic: 36 Ford cpe parts

JJ    -- 06-16-2010 @ 2:00 PM
  Need help in locating the following:
2- water pumps kits
2 - thermostats
wrench to connect filler tube to gas tank (spanner wrench??)
rubber gas line hose from bowl to copper line that leads to gas tank (about 6" long) with fitting on both ends.
Already contacted H&H, Macs, Classic Auto, Dennis Carpenter - no luck

trjford8    -- 06-16-2010 @ 8:19 PM
  For the pumps you should contact Skip Haney at 1-941-637-6698 or Daryl Fryer at 1-909-335-1418. Both of these vendors can rebuild your existing pumps and they stand behind their work. For the new gas line contact Robeert Shewman at: gadgeteer@aol.com. He makes a new line that looks stock, but holds up to today's gas. All these vendors advertise in the V-8 Times and have excellent reputations.
Trying to rebuild your own pumps is not a job for the faint of heart. Finding rebuild kits is tough and you probably need to search Hemmings for someone selling NORS kits.It's much easier to pay the professionals to rebuild your pumps as they use more modern materials(seals,etc.) and they will last a long time and are guaranteed.

Kens 36    -- 06-17-2010 @ 6:34 AM
  JJ,

For the spanner wrench, I bought one online from Sears for $15. Armstrong model 34-219.

Ken

lightflyer1    -- 06-17-2010 @ 10:13 AM
  Thermostats seem to be unobtainable. I couldn't find any and was told they aren't reproduced either. I run without them. I had my pumps rebuilt by Skip. Pump housings are hard to come by as well it seems. I have started buying up used parts as I find deals and keep them on hand for later when needed.

This message was edited by lightflyer1 on 6-17-10 @ 10:16 AM

johnpoly    -- 06-17-2010 @ 4:36 PM
  "Skip" says you should not use thermostats with his system. I have two thermostats for my '36 which I just removed in preparation for completing Skip's set up. They are less than 1000 miles old. I got them at Hershey a few years ago. John

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1398