Topic: indoor car cover

Larryphaeton    -- 06-28-2020 @ 6:55 AM
  I need an indoor car cover for my 1935 Ford Phaeton. Where will I find one? Any other advice?

51504bat    -- 06-28-2020 @ 7:17 AM
  California Car Cover has a good rep but not cheap. Also you might try Weather Tech. They show a listing for an indoor cover but its well north of 400 bucks. A good exact fit cover will not be cheap but a generic will be much cheaper if it will fill your needs.

1940 Tom    -- 06-28-2020 @ 10:43 AM
  Good Morning, Larry--

I swore by California Car Cover when I bought mine from them some years ago. - would be my best suggestion for an excellent vendor for your new cover. But--as 5150 bat has pointed out (correctly) - they ain't cheap. Website is "calcover.com".

You could also try "www.the-cover-store.com". Their covers are along the price lines of C.C.C.

You can go to Amazon.com, and go to their link "The Cover Store". The covers I saw on that website are less than $200, for the most part.

I'd think twice about looking for an "inexpensive cover". They tend to scratch your paint.

Good luck with your Phaeton.

Tom

supereal    -- 06-28-2020 @ 1:23 PM
  My storage cover is a Beverly Hills. It is made to fit the car, even the mirrors. It is a very heavy cover, so I use a lighter one during the driving season that can be quickly installed by one person. I bought it at a local "home center" for a fraction of the cost of the heavy weight kind I put on the convertible when the season ends, and can be carried in the trunk.

kubes40    -- 06-28-2020 @ 1:48 PM
  I too always bought Beverly Hills and was very pleased. That is until a year ago when I bought one for our new Aston. Fits like poop, even though purchased for that exact make and model and sheds lint to the canvas top...
No more Beverly Hills for me.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-29-2020 @ 7:16 AM
  35 FORD PHAETON
Buy the best one,,well worth the extra protection, so you can use it even out doors, nice to have if you attend a V8 FORD MEET,
or other event. like a tour in you local EARLY FORD V8 chapter.
the good covers have a very soft inner lining, are a little heaver, but will not get blown off in a gust of wind,
ask questions when ordering,
my 2 cents 37Ragtopman

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13954