Topic: Rims with 'Ford' logo

Barney    -- 06-10-2020 @ 3:46 PM
  Hi All,
I have four Ford rims that have the 'Ford' logo stamped on one of the raised areas near the center of the rim. Another raised area (there are five of these 'raised' areas on the rim) has 'K2' over '8', formatted similar to a fraction. Another area has 'E' stamped on it, and another has '22' stamped on it. There are tires mounted on these rims, so I'm not sure of the width, but I'd guess 6". They are 15" in diameter. Anyone have an idea what model(s) and what year(s) for which they were designed? Thanks.
Barney
PS I know a picture is worth a million words; I'm having trouble with that attachment feature. I've attempted to post this three times with pictures - no luck. I'm not attaching a picture to this post. If anyone would like to see a picture, or all four, holler back with your eddress or I think I can 'direct message.'

trjford8    -- 06-10-2020 @ 5:17 PM
  We need to know the bolt pattern. Is it 4 1/2 or 5 1/2?. 15" diameter wheels started in 1949. There should be some markings on the sidewalls giving the size of the tire and the rim.

Barney    -- 06-11-2020 @ 4:24 AM
  Good morning,
Thank you for your reply and expertise. These rims have a 5 1/2" bolt pattern and a 3 3/8" hub diameter (they came mounted on the 1940 Fordor I purchased as a basket case). There are tires mounted, but I attempted to calculate the rim width at the bead and found them to be close to 5 3/4". So, I assume they're 6" rims. If you're comfortable, send email address and I'll attempt to send pictures if you wish. Thanks again,
Barney
wbowerman@rochester.rr.com

trjford8    -- 06-11-2020 @ 7:30 AM
  Barney, if the wheels measure 5 3/4 at the bead they are most likely 5 1/2 wide. it's tough to measure wheels with the tires on them. If the stock '40 hubcaps fit the wheels then they are Ford pickup that were made up to 1965. If they take the later hub cap(outside bumps in the center) then they would be 1966 and later pickup rims. I'll send you a PM and you can send me a photo.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13900