Topic: SCAM --

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 06-03-2020 @ 12:48 PM
  It has been brought to my attention that someone is using the name of the EFV-8C National President to solicit giftcards for "Veterans at Hospice and Palliative care units for preventive items against Corona Virus Disease ( COVID-19). "

Please be advised that the Early Ford V-8 Club and the National President are not participating in this and most likely is a scam to get giftcards sent to a fraudulent email address.

Please be aware.

Web Administrator

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 06-03-2020 @ 4:00 PM
  Update:
It looks like the emails that the frauduent scammers are using are those listed as contacts on the Regional Club Directory.

Web Administrator

TomO    -- 06-04-2020 @ 6:42 AM
  Bruce, it's time to change your password. It is possible that a hacker gained access to your E-Mail address list.

To everyone receiving requests for money, look at the complete sender address. Most of these scammers don't know how to change the address, so if the complete address doesn't agree with the sender's address, put it in your scam bucket.

Tom

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 06-04-2020 @ 6:55 AM
  That's right Tom.
People can learn a lot from just looking at the complete email address from those they dont recognize.

Web Administrator

trjford8    -- 06-04-2020 @ 7:36 AM
  In addition we have a scammer roaming the want ads. Just got one from a Donald Schauer. You can tell by the language used to describe the part. This could be the person soliciting the gift cards.

trjford8    -- 06-14-2020 @ 7:51 AM
  Here's another scammer name; Meehan Smith. Just received and e-mail from this joker regarding my want ad.

50CaPU    -- 06-14-2020 @ 2:15 PM
  Meehan Smith struck again-
Has a gmail account.

Tim
Downtown, Ca

kubes40    -- 06-14-2020 @ 3:29 PM
  Meehan has been busy. I got an email from him as well.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13883