Topic: 1941 station wagon

acauto    -- 05-09-2020 @ 7:03 AM
  Hello, could someone post a detailed picture of your tail light linkage on a 1941 to 48 wagon. I have the arm and the link, I also have the pivot part for the light along with the license bracket. For some reason the link arm does not reach the license plate bracket hole. I am wondering if there is a piece missing. Thank You

42wagon    -- 05-09-2020 @ 7:59 AM
  You should have a bracket that bolts under the floor, a long metal link, and a rectangular piece that swivels in the link with a screw sticking out of it. You should have a hinged bracket that bolts to the tailgate and the screw in the piece in the link goes through one of the holes that fastens the taillight to the bracket.

Try Early Ford Parts in California. They appear to have the light brackets and the link assembly.

acauto    -- 05-09-2020 @ 9:04 AM
  I don’t think I have the rectangular piece. The link with the pivots is about 1 inch short of the hole in the license plate bracket. Is that where the rectangular piece goes ? Do you have a picture of yours?

woodiewagon46    -- 05-09-2020 @ 10:23 AM
  C&G Ford parts also has the tail light parts and pictures of the parts. As 42 points out, there is a bracket that bolts to the floor. The location is governed by a countersunk hole in the floorpan. The link that 42 is talking about, connects the floor pan bracket to the hinged tail light bracket. Are you sure the tail light bracket is bolted to the tail gate in the correct position? It must be in the proper location or the tail light bracket will bind and possibly break.

42wagon    -- 05-10-2020 @ 10:28 AM
  As Woodie Wagon 46 has told you C&G has all the parts with pictures. 11A-13425 Tail Light Bracket Hinge Assembly. and 11A-13470-A Tail Light Bracket Support Assembly

Check your parts against the pictures to see if anything is missing.

acauto    -- 05-12-2020 @ 5:16 AM
  It turns out the aftermarket lower brackets need to be filed were the link pivots. That allowed the arm to go closer to the gate. Then all the angles lined up. Lesson learned. Thanks to all for the help.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13814