Topic: 1934 Hub bolts (wheel studs)?

Leadfoot    -- 05-04-2020 @ 5:13 AM
  With a stock '34 front hub that's only .38" thick (at the studs), where do you find replacement hub bolts that aren't too long in the shoulder? The old stud was pressed to this .38" thickness; the actual dimension of the original bolt is .38" at it's shoulder (per the Ford Chassis Parts Catalogue); yet the replacement bolts sold for a B-1107 are actually .50" in length at the shoulder?? I've got a 50 ton press, does it mean you're expected to press down that much extra material? I just don't think so. Where do you find the correct replacement studs?

Stock 1934 Victoria, Dayton Ohio

coup    -- 05-04-2020 @ 4:50 PM
  I have a few used.
wrnm59@q.com

Leadfoot    -- 05-05-2020 @ 6:16 AM
  Thanks coup for the response, a PM was sent to you.

Leadfoot    -- 05-07-2020 @ 7:41 AM
  Thought I'd update what I've found. Maybe this will help those trying to find new hub bolts as I, or maybe someone has a different idea/comment.
I previously mentioned I've been looking for wheel studs that matches a B-1107 dimension per this Ford Chassis Parts Catalogue found here, www.fordgarage.com/pages/wheelstuds.htm

The B-1107 studs purchased are too long in the shoulder 0.50"("C" dimension), to be properly swedged into place (the third image). It's also a bit too small in the head 0.95"(the fourth image). Other than this, the dimensions are the same. These bolts are from Mac's and 3rd Generation Automotive...….I've purchased from both.

Due to trial and error, I've found the Model T rear hub bolt T-2888 has the correct shoulder dimension 0.41" (first image), with a head dimension 0f 0.88" (second image). The other dimension are either the same as what's called for, or so little difference it won't matter.

Due to the fact NOS bolts are getting harder and harder to find, and replacement studs carrying the correct part number are hardly sufficient, the Model T, T2888 are perhaps the best alternative.

This message was edited by Leadfoot on 5-7-20 @ 7:43 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13798