Topic: 1941 Super Deluxe Convertible Door Panels

Fhower    -- 04-23-2020 @ 9:58 PM
  I am looking to replace the warped cardboard portion of the door panel. The upholstery is in good shape, it is the underlying board that is at issue. Question: Are the same panels used in the coupe? I have found one supplier that has the pattern for the two door coupe. Also if anyone know of a resource, that would be great.

Thanks!

Fred

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 04-24-2020 @ 5:19 AM
  hi
any auto upholstery shop should have the cardboard panels , in stock,
that they can copy from yours
you have the old one for a pattern,
hope this helps, 37Ragtopman

trjford8    -- 04-24-2020 @ 1:57 PM
  37ragtopman gives you some good advice. Your local upholstery shop can get the panel for you or just give them your panel and they can make the new one and transfer the material.

Fhower    -- 04-25-2020 @ 10:15 PM
  Thanks to both of you.

carcrazy    -- 04-25-2020 @ 10:34 PM
  You can go to a lumber supply store and buy some thin particle or compressed wood board to make your own door panels. Simply carefully remove the upholstery from your old panels, use the old panels as templates to trace their outlines on the new panels, cut the new panels to the proper shapes with a saber saw, place double sided tape on the panels to hold the upholstery material in place on them and install them onto your doors.

wmsteed    -- 04-26-2020 @ 11:28 AM
  I would not suggest the use of particle board and or pressed wood of any kind for door panel backing. Particle board, ect., is not water/moister proof, it will swell up to three times it's normal thickness. I know several upholstery shops that use thing aluminum sheeting for backing on doors, quarter panels. Dynamat sound control can be attached to the out side of the aluminum sheeting to make the doors quieter. The doors on my '39 conv sound like a refrig door closing.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13779