Topic: Meeting the 1932 Ford V8 in person.

therunwaybehind    -- 03-30-2020 @ 8:53 AM
  I grew up in a small town of 3000 people that had most dealerships because it was the county seat. In spite of that it wasn't until I took another trip to the Henry Ford museum when I returned to Michigan after 16 years away that I saw in a line up of cars on a balcony, a 1932 Ford in original unmodified form. Getting right next to some cars to look at features of the coachwork did not come until I was in Texas after 2013 and went to Dick's museum in San Marcos with my grandson and granddaughter. I could look at the trunk, and cowls and understand how they differed from a Model A in roadster and coupe form but cabriolet was still something in pictures. Being quick to recognize the windshield area with no sun visor kept me from getting bluffed by modified cars with deuce grilles. Only recently, did I come to know that the 1932 has no front fender aprons and the swoop in the frame of a 1932 that is fender less is exposed as part of the external view. I have taken pictures after 2010 when a lady friend gave me a digital camera. I'll let this site be the standard for those. I have even seen a 1934 Ford in original form on a trailer going down the freeway on the way to I-35! At home now.

therunwaybehind    -- 03-30-2020 @ 11:15 AM
  Look for the cowl vent instead of gasoline fuel tank in the cowl and the straight back side reveal with no fork to go over the cowl with a pin stripe. Look for how that same side reveal branches at the rear to go over the back. Look for the vertical bars in the grille sh*ll that are so well known. Study carefully the front fender mounting looking for no splash apron just the painted and stamped frame on the fender swoop. Finally notice the other appearances of the relieved body reveal and pinstripe as the rear completes what hides a wooden braced body.

This message was edited by therunwaybehind on 3-30-20 @ 11:22 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13709