Topic: 1932 Ford Roadster Model B-Factory Options

Jcflo    -- 02-02-2020 @ 10:44 AM
  I was wanting to search for the rare factory options for the 1932 Ford Roadster Model B w/ rumble seat and I realized I did not know what to search for. Is there a book that lists the options that were available from the factory?

CharlieStephens    -- 02-02-2020 @ 10:59 AM
  The clubs book is excellent: https://shop.efv8.org/collections/ford-books/products/1932-ford-book-softbound-all-new Be sure to pay attention to the date your vehicle was manufactured. You should add your general location and email to your profile, you never know when they will be useful. How about some pictures?

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 2-2-20 @ 11:05 AM

Jcflo    -- 02-03-2020 @ 11:08 AM
  Thanks Charlie!

CharlieStephens    -- 02-03-2020 @ 11:44 AM
  Your car looks great, that combination are my favorite colors. The raised area around your hood louvers is interesting, I believe that is typical of European and very early US cars. Attached is a photo of my hood panel for comparison in case you don't know what I am talking about..

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 2-3-20 @ 3:22 PM

Jcflo    -- 02-05-2020 @ 10:26 AM
  I know, it is supposed to be a Scandinavian (Denmark) car. Only the European had the raised louvers and I have other good clues that it might just be one: tags, paperwork even the speedometer is in Km/Hr. I would like to see the stamp on the frame but I would have to lift the body from the frame to see it. The number on the motor is missing where it's supposed to be. They say that when you would blow your engine and purchase one from the dealer it would come blank like that.
Do you have any more pics of your car? I would love to see it!

1931 Flamingo    -- 02-05-2020 @ 11:20 AM
  Pull the floorboard and see if the number on the tranny housing is what you think it should be.
Paul in CT

CharlieStephens    -- 02-05-2020 @ 8:45 PM
  Let me start with a disclaimer, what I say is based on what you would find on vehicles manufactured in the United States. Yours may be different depending on where it was manufactured. I believe Paul missed the fact that yours is a Model B. When the engine and transmission assembly passed final inspection the serial number was stamped into a cast pad on top of the flywheel housing (see first photo). There is also a cast pad on the left side of the engine that was left blank (like you said yours was). When the engine was installed into the chassis this same number was stamped into the top of the left frame rail near the steering. It should be visible. Note the one I show is from a V8 car. This second place is what your motor vehicle department will probably want to use to identify the car (they should be the same unless something was changed). There are two other places on the top of the left frame rail that cannot be seen without removing the body.

Note on the second picture the black on the bottom is the front fender and the stuff at the top is the foot of the firewall.

3w2    -- 02-06-2020 @ 3:27 PM
  Charlie's advice as to where to look for your engine number is that to follow. If the engine was manufactured either in Dearborn or Dagenham, England its number will begin with B-5 followed by six more numbers. If the engine was manufactured in Canada it would have a CB prefix followed by up to four numbers. Usually there is a star before the B or CB and after the last number. Most '32s in Denmark that I have encountered have a oval brass plaque with the engine number stamped on it. It was riveted to the upper left side of the firewall. I've added photos of one that removed from a four-cylinder sedan in a junk yard outside of Copenhagen and the other is from a V8 convertible sedan that I imported from Denmark.

Your car is a beautiful and I share Charlie's view on the color combination. I have a deluxe coupe and phaeton in the same winterleaf browns.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13574