Topic: Wiring harness recommendations

jamesmundstock    -- 01-24-2020 @ 4:09 PM
  I am ready to purchase wiring harnesses for my 47 Ford Car. From looking on line and talking to the people at Rhode Island Wiring, I am thinking on using them. Any feedback on them or other recommendations. Thanks.

kubes40    -- 01-24-2020 @ 4:40 PM
  R.I. makes beautiful harnesses that you will be proud to install. On the "down side" they are equally proud as their pricing reflects.
Carpenter supplies nice harnesses that will offer you more years of use than you are likely to require.
Much more reasonably priced than R.I.
If you are not doing a very "top shelf" restoration, go with Carpenter. You'll be pleased.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

mhsprecher    -- 01-24-2020 @ 5:44 PM
  Tyree Harris, too. His aren't cheap either, but I don't know how they compare in price with others, but they are top notch!

1940 Tom    -- 01-24-2020 @ 7:44 PM
  Give Sacramento Vintage Ford a try. They did the wiring harness for my '40.

Website is www.vintageford.com. They are also listed on the "Links" portion of this EFV8CA website. Click on "Links", and then go to "Vendors".

Their website displays wiring harnesses, but I would call them and talk to them about specific info, pricing, etc. for your '47. Toll free # is on their website.

Good luck.

Tom

Chris.NZ    -- 01-24-2020 @ 9:12 PM
  Tyree Harris has done several wiring harnesses for me - never a problem.
He will even make up RHD harnesses if you supply the dimensions.

trjford8    -- 01-25-2020 @ 4:35 AM
  I would also recommend Sacramento Vintage Ford. Their pricing is good and I've used their harnesses and they are excellent quality.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-31-2020 @ 10:40 AM
  wiring harness
One thing about RHODE ISLAND WIRING, they make what they sell, and if you have any questions, you can call and get those answers
not some counter person that most likely does not have a lot of information on what they sell, just a Part number,
my 2 cents 1937RAGTOPMAN

Dobie    -- 02-01-2020 @ 3:02 PM
  There is only one place to buy Ford/ Mercury wiring harness, CLASSTECH 800-874-9981 for free catalog.
This company probably makes the harnesses for all the sellers other than Rhode island. Once you see the wiring diagrams you see where Tyree gets his wire.
These harnesses are copied from original Ford wires
All wire is expensive these days.

kubes40    -- 02-01-2020 @ 3:04 PM
  Who makes the harnesses for Tyree? Seems to me he doesn't actually make them but rather, sells them...

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

34billct    -- 02-04-2020 @ 2:10 PM
  I don't know who made my wiring harness as i ordered it from JOES antique auto but he asked if i was going to add turn signals and i said yes. He said they can add the extra wires to the harness and make it look neat, So it came with turn switch and all. Nice job.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13553