Topic: Bruce Nelson

1935fordtn    -- 12-30-2019 @ 7:57 PM
  Yes Bruce, I'm calling you out publicly!

While not sworn in yet, 2020 is approaching a mere two days away. I would like to congratulate Bruce on being elected the EFV-8 Club president for 2020. For those that don't know, Bruce has tirelessly served this Club voluntarily for decades. He has been a Board member many times, served as Secretary, Vice President; and has run the Club's Website and this very forum for years. In addition, he has voluntarily run the Club's Hershey Booth, and also been the Chairman, and Co-Chairman to National Meets.

Bruce.. Thank you for your service to the Club!

nelsb01    -- 12-30-2019 @ 9:27 PM
  Well, Michael, I am flattered and humbled.
But, I believe that while you are more than gracious in your comments about me, I think that we (the Club) should also mention that you, Michael Driskell, have served as our most recent National President in great standing. And it should also be said that you represent the future of the Club. While we continue to search for ways to involve the youth in our beloved Early Ford V-8 Club, you have shown that there is an interest in old Fords that can be developed and nurtured in younger people. Many thanks need to go to those that have mentored and taught you. And also thanks to your great family members.

Now, I will be honored to serve as the Club's President for 2020. I would like to wish every V-8 Club member and their families, and all those that frequent this site, a very Happy, Safe and Enjoyable New Year!!!

(note: the web administrator told me that he would have deleted this discussion topic)

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 12-30-19 @ 9:34 PM

40 Coupe    -- 12-31-2019 @ 4:00 AM
  I hope the post is not deleted. Thank you both and Happy New Year and safe travels.
Terry

trjford8    -- 12-31-2019 @ 8:30 AM
  Happy New Year to all our club members. Congratulations Bruce and thanks for your dedication to the club . Thank you Michael for your time as President and being able to balance job and family along with your volunteer job as president.
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2020, a new decade for the V-8 Club.

MG    -- 12-31-2019 @ 9:34 AM
  Nice guy, Bruce...He judged my car at the Tahoe event back in 2013...

TomO    -- 12-31-2019 @ 10:10 AM
  Happy New Year to all.

Congratulations Bruce and many thanks for all that you have done for the V-8 Club and Early Ford V-8 Foundation.

Bruce was a Trustee for the Foundation for many years, until term limits were imposed and did a great job there as well as being a Director for the Club.

Thanks Mike for serving as President in 2018 and 2019.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13478