Topic: New member saying hi.

Cadjin Dex    -- 12-25-2019 @ 10:02 AM
  Howdy Folks, Merry Christmas.
I’m in the process of acquiring a mostly original running 34’ two door Ford sedan. My background is generally with Model T’s and model A’s. I don’t heavily modify my cars. The 34 I’m buying will stay stock as long as I own it. I’ve got decent hobby mechanical skills and I need to learn about the flat head V8’s. Also my car needs work on the interior. Only the driver seat remains. So ideas on how to economically improve the interior, or where to get seats would be helpful. I’m going to drive the car as is with improvements to the interior. Also I have no PC so I’m not sure I can post pictures with a smartphone.

This message was edited by Cadjin Dex on 12-25-19 @ 10:08 AM

ford38v8    -- 12-25-2019 @ 10:48 AM
  Cadjin, Welcome, congratulations and a very Merry Christmas to you too! Your choice of a '34 Tudor is one of the most popular of the Early Fords, and your decision to keep it stock is likewise an excellent choice. The hobby has lost its most prized auto fabric supplier, so things in that arena are in flux right now. You may do better with an upholstery shop local to you than the mail order choices at the present time. May I suggest that you flesh out your profile on this website so people can offer suggestions close to you. Also, membership in the EFV8CA is advised as well as are Regional Groups near you. All that info is on this website also, and don't forget the Classified ads here as well.

Alan

woodiewagon46    -- 12-25-2019 @ 10:52 AM
  First of all welcome to the V-8 Ford Club site. I would purchase the 1934 book and the Flathead Ford book offered by the V-8 Club they are well worth the money.

Cadjin Dex    -- 12-25-2019 @ 11:30 AM
  Thanks for the kind replies.

Mr Rogers    -- 12-25-2019 @ 12:50 PM
  Ask a friend with a laptop to Google your year and model. You'll see many many pictures pop up to assist you evaluate complete interiors. You could have them sent to your smart phone for future look/see references.

Cadjin Dex    -- 12-25-2019 @ 2:01 PM
  Thank you. I mentioned that with regard to posting pictures here of the car I’m in the process of acquiring.

mfirth    -- 12-26-2019 @ 4:32 AM
  Welcome Dex. You may also get "help" & info from The Ford Barn.
Join The V8 Club....GR8 folks & The V8 Times magazine in a wonderful source.
I sure love it. mike

trjford8    -- 12-26-2019 @ 6:51 AM
  Welcome to the forum. Others have given you some great suggestions(join the Early Ford V-8 Club, etc,) so here's a couple more for you. The V-8 Club has published a couple of books that would pertain to your '34. First is the book on flathead engines,. Second is the V-8 Club's 33-34 book. Both can be purchased on this site and would be great starting points for you. Check the on-line store in the left hand menu.

hupdoc    -- 12-27-2019 @ 12:05 AM
  Welcome on Board
I got here the same way via Model T's and A's .Flathead V8's are no more complicated than the A and I find easier to work on than the T . Lots of good advice on here . Good decision to keep it stock . Because there are many people out there who don't feel the same way ( and rip out functional original parts) the parts supply is pretty good . Ebay is a rich source. Synders re produce all the seat springs and frames The 34 Book is a must It will show you what you should be looking for -Karl

LuckyFordGuy    -- 12-31-2019 @ 6:05 AM
  Hi welcome to early ford v8 club

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13467