Topic: 1937 Restoration Book

bewley37    -- 10-13-2009 @ 2:36 PM
  Can anyone provide info regarding a possible publication date of the 1937 Restoration Book? I have heard that such a book has been in the works for many years.

Tom

ford38v8    -- 10-13-2009 @ 5:47 PM
  Tom, the book is at the publishers, ready to print. It is held up by
intellectual property rights issues, expected to clear any minute now! Are
you counting?

Alan

zeker8    -- 10-14-2009 @ 6:14 AM
  Look forward to that one, Zeke

nelsb01    -- 10-14-2009 @ 7:53 AM
  According to the latest issue of the V-8 TIMES, the picture on the President's Page, shows that progress has been made.

BobYork    -- 10-14-2009 @ 8:07 AM
  I am the book coordinator for the club. Like all publishing products; fine tuning the photos, captions, page layouts and text editing take time. I know you have heard this before but we are REALISTICALLY shooting for late this year to have the book ready for sale. Major hurdles have been cleared, now all we lack is the "finishing up" NO ONE wants this book out more than me. Thanks to everyone for your patience. Bob

bewley37    -- 10-22-2009 @ 4:38 PM
  Thanks Alan

Tom

Tev    -- 12-03-2009 @ 8:23 PM
  Hi,

New to the site, recently bought a 37 deluxe coupe and looking forward to the book. I went ahead and prepaid for a copy - any update on when it goes out? Thanks,

Travis

nelsb01    -- 12-04-2009 @ 4:59 AM
  The 'official' announcement will be in the next issue of the V-8 TIMES...........that should answer it.

The Club has never taken money before a project is at the printers --- so I would say that delivery should be between now and the end of January.

37 Coupe    -- 12-04-2009 @ 5:48 AM
  The ordering information on the book says to be ready for delivery late November or early December,I assumed they meant this year. Go to home page and click on books. Supposedly I am getting one for Christmas,this year.

Tev    -- 12-04-2009 @ 8:47 AM
  37 Coupe,

I acted on the same information - ready in Nov. or early Dec. Also, the site allowed me to order the book and accepted my money, so that's what spurred my question. Anyway, no rush or anything, just wanted to see if there was an update on expected issuance.

Thanks.

Texas40    -- 12-04-2009 @ 8:50 AM
  Fine tune of the last draft has just occurred and production should be happening right now. You can order the book at our online store!! I am very proud of getting this done after all these years. Extraordinary efforts and help from some really dedicated V8 club guys made it possible. Thanks-to you all. Enjoy the book. Bob

Tev    -- 12-04-2009 @ 9:13 AM
  Texas40

Thanks! Very happy to hear it and grateful to those who put the book together.

By the way, I'm located in Austin - if you enable Private Messaging in your profile I'll PM you with a dumb question.

JTHOMPSON    -- 12-04-2009 @ 11:53 AM
  If you look at under Current News from the Home Page, there's a message from the President, November 2009 (Updated 11/9/2009) where he says:

Be sure to check in the Nov/Dec V-8 Times for the new ‘37 book advertisement (also checkout the OnLine Store on the website). Seeing is believing -- its being printed and will be available in mid-December. I know this book has been a long drawn out struggle but it’s finally done.

37 Coupe    -- 12-04-2009 @ 1:50 PM
  My credit card statement says it has been charged $49.70 for it and shipping so I would assume it is on its way,I hope unless I am getting Bob Draked.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=134