Topic: 1934 Phaeton Side Curtains

JM36RumbleCoupe    -- 11-04-2019 @ 6:43 AM
  Hi everyone. My '34 Phaeton is set up for side curtains but somewhere during its life the curtains and rods were lost. I can't find anyone who reproduces them. The EFV8 33/34 book has a couple of pictures but nothing detailed enough to recreate them. Does anyone know where I might find patterns for the curtains and rods? Or does anyone have a set I might take pictures and measurements from? I'm in southwest Florida and northwest North Carolina, depending on the season. Thanks much!

nelsb01    -- 11-04-2019 @ 4:28 PM
  I am sure there are some out there someplace for you............but, your chances are going to be less. With LeBaron & Bonney being gone the patterns that they used to reproduce the side curtins went away.
I know that Roy Nacewicz reproduced the side curtain rods years ago (over 15 for sure, probably closer to 20). But he is now gone too.
You could try and place a Wanted Ad on this site. (it's free).

I know that a member (3w2) has considerable knowledge on 1932-34 Fords and he may reply with some solution.

Good luck with your search.

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 11-4-19 @ 4:29 PM

3w2    -- 11-04-2019 @ 4:29 PM
  If you provide me with your e-mail address (mine is dgrelrkw@gmail.com) I can provide you with photos of an original set. I've no dimensions, but you could reference the spacing of the attachment points on the doors, cowl, quarter panel, and windshield posts and come up with a fairly good set of dimensions. Alternatively, you could contact the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn and request copies of the original engineering drawings for all of the curtains and rods. You will need the part numbers to do that and they are in the '34 body parts catalogue. I could provide you with those numbers if you do not have a copy of the original body parts catalogue or the readily available reproduction of that catalogue.

This message was edited by 3w2 on 11-4-19 @ 5:16 PM

JM36RumbleCoupe    -- 11-06-2019 @ 7:27 PM
  Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look up the part numbers and contact Benson.

Does anyone have a contact at the former LeBonte Bonney? Maybe they would be willing to part with the patterns?

woodiewagon46    -- 11-07-2019 @ 7:32 AM
  Contacting LeBaron Bonney is imposible, as I have tried several times. The company has shut down. I understand they are going thru many law suits from customers that had sent items to be upholstered and don't know the status of their items. Sad.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13363