Topic: Seat Belts in 47

jmckenzi    -- 06-02-2010 @ 5:13 AM
  Is there a good way to install some sort of seat belts in the back seat of a 47? I would like to have some sort of ability to place two car seats for my 1 and 4 year old. Thanks!

4dFordSC    -- 06-02-2010 @ 5:46 AM
  I installed lap belts in the back seat of my '40, and bolted them to the floor. As I recall, the hardest part was putting the seat cushion back in.

42wagon    -- 06-02-2010 @ 6:40 AM
  Be sure you provide some sort of secure anchorage. Just bolting the lap belt to the floor may give you a false sense of security. The metal in the floor is relatively thin and may be degraded by rust. In the event of an accident the bolts may pull right through it. Also some car seats require a shoulder harness not just a lap belt.

bo8109b    -- 06-02-2010 @ 7:38 AM
  Am happy with the front belts I installed from www.seatbeltpros.com in my '48 and have now ordered for the back. Fronts are generally ordered 75" long and rears 60". They offer the mounting hardware for 2.95 per seat which I highly reccomend. Consists of two thick super large washers and 7/16 bolts which sandwiches the floor sheet metal. I chose the Classic Chrome aviation style buckles. Carl

4t6v8    -- 06-02-2010 @ 12:14 PM
  Carl, where do you place your mounting points, I want to fit front and rear seat belts to our '46 fordor sedan, can you post any images, thanx Keith

bo8109b    -- 06-02-2010 @ 7:07 PM
  On my '48 tudor the front seat belt mounting points are on a line 6" back of the rear through the floor seat track hole. Outside holes in line with the track holes. inside holes halfway up the tunnel. this location is under the foot rests and requires unbolting & moving the seat forward for the install. Cutting slots in the pad & carpet under there Allows belts to be fed up the top of the rests and under the backrests. Rear install appears very simple. Belts come with instructions.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1330