Topic: How to assemble headlight

MOXIE    -- 06-01-2010 @ 10:24 AM
  OK, I give up. How in the heck do you assemble a front headlight assembly on a 1935 car? There are 3 clips that are on the edge of the reflector. I guess these are supposed to help wedge the reflector between the lens and body but you need 3 pairs of hands to get all this stuff together. I must be doing something wrong. When I compress the clips they fall out. And I’m not sure that’s what they are for, help please.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-01-2010 @ 12:13 PM
  the 3 clips hold the lense in the rim,
the reflector is pressed into the bucket, there should be a few metal edges were the reflector gets hooked onto,[ make sure the bulb holder and reflector socket is lined up, so it slide together,there is a tab and a slot for the tab, so it fits and cannot rotate,
and you then install the cork gasket into the reflector edge and then put the rin onto the bucket and use the bottom T clip to hold the whole thing together,
hope this helps 37RAGTOPMAN
it is real easy once you do it, try a 37 38 39 THESE are a REAL Challange,

MOXIE    -- 06-01-2010 @ 1:37 PM
  I'm not talking aboput the 3 wire clips that hold the glass to the rim. Besides those, there are 3 spring like clips the attached to the back of the reflector. I guess they hit againt the sh*ll when you put together but I cannot seem to keep every thing together.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-02-2010 @ 4:59 AM
  the bulb holder is probably fighting you, it should push in, be sure the tab on the bulb holder is lined up with the slit in the reflector so it slides in,
KEEP ON TRUCKIN 37RAGTOPMAN

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-02-2010 @ 5:16 PM
  Was wondering if you have repro parts?
I was wrong about the tabs,on the bulb holders,
this is in the MODEL A'and B'S
you should have pre focused bulbs, and REFLECTORS should pop right in,and held in place with the tabs on the headlight bucket rim,
the bucket should hold the reflector in place till you get the lenses and rims in place,
KEEP ON TRUCKIN,37RAGTOPMAN

40 Coupe    -- 06-03-2010 @ 11:25 AM
  to install the assembled reflector slide it in the bucket and install the three flat clips from the outside into the square holes on the peremeter of the reflector. the round part of the clip goes into the holes the two ears stay on the outside of the reflector.

George    -- 06-04-2010 @ 8:21 AM
  37RAGTOPMAN
Is what you have described, the same procedure for the headlights on a 1934 Ford pickup truck? I don't have them assembled yet, but I do think I have all of the parts needed to do it, including the bulbs.
Thanks,
George Maher

George

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-06-2010 @ 12:52 PM
  if you have a adjustment screw in the back of bucket
it goes together,you have to align the tab of the light socket with the slot in the reflector,
and slip the assembly together,
hope this helps 37RAGTOPMAN KEEP ON TRUCKIN,,,

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1325