Topic: 2019 Central National Meet - Auburn

nelsb01    -- 08-29-2019 @ 9:17 PM
  What a great week-end!!!
Have to hand it to the Foundation group, their property really looks great, and if it wasnt for some rain, it would have been a great five days.
For the first time, I trailered my 1949 Ford Custom Fordor, thanks to a little money and U-haul. It worked out well, and even though the 1949 has driven to Auburn 3 times, it was relaxing, especially with the wind the last two days driving home.
The 1949 sports year of manufacture 1949 Minnesota Centenial license plates. In 1949 Minnesota was trying to be progressive and made the plates out of stamped aluminum. Great idea, but not structurally strong. Years ago, I cut sheet aluminum and made a backing plate for the license plate. I added a 60 year old Safe Driver Award badge, my Rouge Award badge and the two I DROVE badges for the 2008 and 2018 Grand National Meets.
Well, somewhere between Auburn and Clinton IA (the first day return trip stop on the Lincoln Hwy, US 30), the front license vibrated enough to break off at the mounting bolts.
I am sharing this with the world wide web in the hope that the impossible happens, and someone sees the license plate with the badges, and contacts the offices of the Early Ford V-8 Club (Cornerstone Registration). I know this is a odds unfavorable dream, but we all know that stranger things have happened to items lost by individuals.
To all that attended the 2019 Central National Meet, we did have a great time no matter what has happened since.
Great seeing everyone --

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 8-29-19 @ 9:19 PM

Grant    -- 08-30-2019 @ 3:35 AM
  Here's a photo of the '49 and its missing Minnesota Centennial plate A1491 with badges attached.

There likely is a way for Forum readers to zoom in for a good close-up look, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Good luck, Bruce. Hopefully the flathead gods will be with you and make sure that the plate gets returned.

This message was edited by Grant on 8-30-19 @ 3:38 AM

fordv8j    -- 08-30-2019 @ 11:27 AM
  Velma and I would like to thank all that worked so hard to put on a great national meet, even with the rain you came through, we really had a good time, good food,good friends, made it home safely, THANKS TO ALL. Looking foreward to Pa.next year. sure it will just as great. James R. and Velma Parsons, WVa

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13178