Topic: Interior/upholstery 1936 Ford 4 Door

Mr Rogers    -- 08-12-2019 @ 9:30 PM
  LeBaron closed their doors before delivery of my full set order. I placed the order in December 2018 with a promise delivery February 26, 2019. Making phone calls once a week the answer always: " we're waiting for the material". They stopped answering my calls, I then read they closed their doors for good. I luckily received my re-upholstered sun visors before closing. Soooo, not giving up I placed an identical order with Ecklers spin-off, Cartouche. Placed on May 13th with a promise of July 13th. Long story short I just cancelled the order, they don't have a firm material order delivery date from their supplier.
Anyone have an upholstery supplier for a set of authentic original to the year Mohair?

This message was edited by Mr Rogers on 8-12-19 @ 9:44 PM

roadster36    -- 08-13-2019 @ 12:46 AM
  I was in the same exact position with LB except on 2 '34 projects.They sent a partial kit on one and nothing on the other. I am out over 2,000 in deposit money.
They kept telling me that they were waiting for the materia as well. I told them I could supply the correct material but they never responded back.
I had enough mohair left over from previous projects to do about half of the car.
After LB went under I contacted a bunch of vendors and found out that Hirsch supplied LB with their mohair.
I contacted Jeff at Hirsch and he supplied me with 5 yards of 30-2 rose beige '34 Ford mohair. It matched what I had from LB exactly. Jeff also told me that Acme in LA did the sun visors for LB.
The material samples I received from Cartouche were not even close to being correct for 1934 Ford.
I will miss the "old" LeBaron Bonney, and will not be doing any more projects after my Victoria and 2-Dr are completed.

Fabricguy    -- 08-20-2019 @ 5:14 AM
  Hi I read your post about your upholstery issues.l am a upholstery supplier. If you have some one who can do your work and is large enough to purchase minimum quantities of materials I may be able to help. My business partner and I have relationships with textile manufacturers in China that currently supply us with replica fabrics for 55',56',57',58' Ford cars that we currently supply to a few reputable Ford restoration part retailers.
We are importers/ suppliers of automotive upholstery. We do not retailer or stock materials. Generally our customers give us an original sample of a upholstery they can't find anywhere, we send it to our manufactures and they produce what our customers consider high quality replica
fabrics which they purchase in large quantities and produce interior kits for Ford cars (several models) in the years I stated above. We are currently considering doing the same for trucks but we are on the fence about it. We've seen that there is a large market for interior restoration kits and few producers. If you know some one who can manufacturers, we can supply- in quantity. I'll be happy to tell you more and show some samples if interested.

Mr Rogers    -- 08-20-2019 @ 4:26 PM
  Well, if I understand what your saying, you could supply material to Ecklers/Cartouche? I don't have a "make from scratch" upholstery guy here in Eugene, Oregon.
I have an installer if he received a complete kit.
I canceled the Cartouche order, because after waiting 8 weeks, they couldn't get the fabric from their supplier and couldn't supply a date.

Fabricguy    -- 08-22-2019 @ 11:24 AM
  If Ecklers/Cartouche wouldike to contact me that's fine. Maybe we could supply other material they can't find also.

Mr Rogers    -- 08-22-2019 @ 1:44 PM
  I doubt they'd call you. They were never to communicative/helpful with me.
Their number is: 877-774-3673 or Dave (at Cartouche) 877-815-5799
I'm still in a holding pattern as to what to do. Sure would like the inners replaced. The rest of the 4 door outters I'll leave as is.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13139