Topic: Roy Nacewicz's business, and it's future

1935fordtn    -- 08-11-2019 @ 12:10 PM
  As most of you know, Roy's business has been closed down. His hardware business has been around since 1975 when he and took other partners (one is a Fordbarn member) started Dearborn Hi-Point Specialties. That later became Roy Nacewicz Enterprises.

Aside from losing one of my closest friends, Like others; I hated to see a business that has been such a great resource to us for over 40 years come to a sudden end.

The family gave me the opportunity to purchase his business. I took the financial stretch and decided to go for it. While the business will not be the same as it lost it's largest asset, we will try and make Roy proud.

We are hitting road blocks, like finding a close by affordable Cadmium plater, and some other sources issues we will have to work through.

We will reopen his business hopefully sometime the end of October... is the tentative plan. As time gets closer I will post the actual date.. PLEASE NOTE!! We will NOT take ANY orders or lists prior to the reopen date!

Also understand, that as time moves on some pricing changes will happen both in terms of increases and decreases.. Also on that note some items may be discontinued when sold out, and several NEW products will be added that Roy and I were working on prior to his death..

The business will for the time being operate under our current business Third Gen Automotive..

Kens 36    -- 08-11-2019 @ 12:51 PM
  Thank you Michael. I know this is a huge undertaking for you and wish you all the best. Thanks for all you do to help keep our vehicles the best they can be.

Ken

TomO    -- 08-12-2019 @ 8:44 AM
  Thank you for taking on the business. It is a very necessary business for correct restorations. I wish you every possible success with the venture.

Tom

woodiewagon46    -- 08-13-2019 @ 11:07 AM
  Thank you, the products that Roy sold made our restorations so easy and correct. Now hopefully we can find someone to take over the "Woodie" Station Wagon business that Ed Clarke from Larchmont, NY, had before his passing. A few people have called Ed's phone number several times, but get no reply. He produced and sold many unique Station Wagon parts required for our restorations.

MG    -- 08-13-2019 @ 7:09 PM
  Thus far, this post (posted on the Ford Barn site at the same time) from our EFV8 club president, Michael Driskell, has been viewed 2366 times and has 69 responses on the Ford Barn site as opposed to 191 views and just 4 responses on this EFV8 Club forum....Glaring....

trjford8    -- 08-14-2019 @ 7:50 AM
  MG, I attribute the number of responses to the fact the original post was first on the Fordbarn where many of us go along with coming to this site. Once we responded there, I'm sure many saw no need to respond here.

3w2    -- 08-14-2019 @ 7:56 AM
  Sorry, you've got it backwards. It was listed herein first by nearly an hour. You may have seen it first on fordbarn.com, but that's MG's point.

This message was edited by 3w2 on 8-14-19 @ 7:58 AM

nelsb01    -- 08-14-2019 @ 8:33 AM
  I believe that we...........appreciate what Third Gen has done, and once one of us acknowledges that, we dont have to keep congratulating the decision.
Remember ..........the silent majority.

1935fordtn    -- 08-14-2019 @ 10:06 AM
  Bruce, I would have to agree. This post was not generated on either forum to attract comments, it was intended to be only information, and give me the ability to answer any questions. With that said, the positive congratulatory comments are very appreciated..

beatsclo    -- 04-26-2023 @ 8:41 AM
  Although I'm new to this forum, I'd like to congratulate you on your new venture. It's always tough taking over a business, especially when it's been such an important resource for the community for over 40 years.

ryreidl    -- 05-13-2023 @ 2:28 PM
  To support Roy, I would advise investing in advertising for the company, that way, if the company generates income and grows, Roy will know that his business is not wasted. For starters, I think it would be a good idea to advertise your product and your business with VoIP numbers. The scheme is simple, you or your employees call potential customers and tell them about your product, offering to buy it. Even if they don't buy, they will definitely learn about it and continue to spread the word about your business. All it takes is a VoIP number, which costs almost nothing.

This message was edited by ryreidl on 5-17-23 @ 9:22 AM

MG    -- 05-13-2023 @ 3:01 PM
  ryreidl - Roy passed away April 18, 2019...

Larry Lange    -- 05-14-2023 @ 1:35 PM
  Michael, let me also take my hat off to you for taking over Roy's business to the benefiting all the loyal early V-8 people out there.
Roy was not just an expert and an entrpreneur but a consigliere who'd take your phone calls and talk at length. Thank you, and good luck keeping his enterprise alive.

Larry Lange
Puget Sound Regional Group #18

ford38v8    -- 05-14-2023 @ 2:50 PM
  Larry, Cars were but one of Roy's hobbies. Connecting with and talking with people was his first love. Of all the dear friends we have lost over the years, Roy may well have the longest list of sincere mourners.

Alan

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13133