Topic: 37 windshield glass

srg    -- 08-07-2019 @ 10:10 AM
  I sent an order for glass to one of the bigger parts vendors for the windshield glass pieces. They sent me glass that was about 3/8" too big. When I got the two halves of the frame together they cracked when..... you guessed it, they were 3/8" apart. I reported my problem and they responded TWO more times with....glass the exact same size. A member of the club sent me a drawing of the TWO different sizes of windshield glass for the 37 front glass. It depends on the model you have. On the vendors request I sent them the paper with the sizes. They said all the front windshield glass on the 37's are the same. Hopefully this will give them a leg up on the glass business. I saved one piece of original glass when I took the frame apart, thank God. It matched the smaller dimensions on the paper exactly. My car model is 730. It wasn't inexpensive buying from them, and I hope it gets resolved. If you save a piece out of your car, keep it and have it cut locally if you can. Much more inexpensive.

TonyM    -- 08-07-2019 @ 7:18 PM
  I bought mine from Sanders Auto Glass. Correct size and no problems. You can try Chris Blattie too. He is pretty good.

78-730B

This message was edited by TonyM on 8-7-19 @ 8:56 PM

Mr Rogers    -- 08-08-2019 @ 11:10 AM
  I purchased a full set of glass for my 1936 4 door from a guy in Springfield, Oregon. I've mis-placed his name and number, sorry. I know he advertises on Ebay. I can recommend him. I didn't send him patterns. All the glass fit perfect. Shipped and received in perfect condition.

1940 Tom    -- 08-08-2019 @ 3:48 PM
  Good Afternoon---

I agree 100% with TonyM. Sanders Reproduction Glass is the way to go. I got a complete set of glass for my 40 4 dr. sedan (there's a ton of glass in that car!). everything fit perfectly and the glass "bugs" were excellent.

Sanders Reproduction Glass
12317 NE 32nd Street
Vancouver, WA 98682
(877) 882-4884
www.sandersreproductionglass.com

Good Luck.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13129