Topic: Electric fuel pump

silverchief    -- 07-12-2019 @ 11:22 AM
  An Airtex E8902 6 volt run right at $30.00 on Amazon and has a good reputation.

One of our two major suppliers has their 6 volt priced at double that - with no brand name.

Is this an example of you get what you pay for, of the time for common sense.

Model B    -- 07-12-2019 @ 11:46 AM
  I have had good results from the Airtex E8902 6-V electric fuel pump. Have them installed on 3 of my cars at the present time. Pat

51woodie    -- 07-13-2019 @ 6:44 AM
  I bought my Airtex E8902 pump from Rock Auto for $31.79. It is 6V and is shown as made in Mexico. Rock Auto has a lot of parts and manuals listed for early Ford cars, I have found they are very competitive in pricing compared to Carpenter, Drake and Mac's/Ecklers.

fenbach    -- 07-14-2019 @ 11:16 AM
  funny coincidence. C&G just sent out an email: HELLO , This month we have 10% OFF Fuel Pumps!

in fairness, amazon's $30 price is a special offer.

can I turn off the airtex pump and draw gas thru it using just the mechanical pump? in other words, just use it to prime the carburetor.

Robert/Texas    -- 07-14-2019 @ 11:31 AM
  That's what I do with my '34 roadster. I have it hooked up with a tiny push-button immediate switch mounted under the dash. I press the switch button and hold it until I can't hear the pumping noise and then start the car.

Drbrown    -- 07-15-2019 @ 10:26 PM
  Likewise I just use my Airtex pump for priming, but its also always there for backup.

therunwaybehind    -- 07-17-2019 @ 8:58 AM
  I was looking for information on a pin in the V-8 transmission that I found in a drawing in Van Pelt's excellent book. I found a few very dirty pictures of Model A transmissions and earlier had found a site on an accessory synchromesh for the Model A. Then I found a picture of a Model B engine and transmission. From the bulge on the driver side of the shifter tower I assume the B had synchromesh and the undocumented pin. However-- the iron head on the engine had the conspicuous text "Winfield." One would not need to get under the car but only drive it to feel the fineness of even the steel type synchromesh. What do you think?

40cpe    -- 07-17-2019 @ 10:47 AM
  Sorry, but I think your ramblings above have nothing to to with the subject of the current thread. But I do hope you eventually find all you want to know about the pin in the transmission shifter.

This message was edited by 40cpe on 7-17-19 @ 10:48 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13057