Topic: Car Haulers

MICHV8    -- 04-04-2019 @ 5:16 PM
  Anybody have experience with Passport as a hauler? Any recommendations for Seattle area to midwest?

nelsb01    -- 04-04-2019 @ 7:48 PM
  Just returned from a quick trip to Indiana and back to Minnesota.
Saw Passport Transport and Reliable Transport trucks all along the Interstate.
Somebody is using them. Don't know their rates, but you should be able to Google recommendations and comments.

kubes40    -- 04-05-2019 @ 5:25 AM
  Passport is the ONLY company I have never had any trouble with. I have used them perhaps 20+ times.
Rates? Fair - not cheap. It seems to depend on when and where they are required.

While no doubt there are other fine carriers, for my personal peace of mind, I will continue to use them.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

1940 Tom    -- 04-05-2019 @ 8:06 AM
  Passport and Reliable carriers seem to be very prevalent on the freeways of Northern California. Like nelsb01 says - "somebody" is using them.

I've used InterCity and Horseless Carriage. Good results with both, but I understand that InterCity has gotten a little pricey lately. Check 'em out if you like.

Good luck with your trip.

Tom

TomO    -- 04-05-2019 @ 8:48 AM
  When I was looking for a company to ship my Lincoln, I checked with Gilmore Museum. My thought were that they would have considerable experience with shipping cars. They recommended Passport and a small single car hauler. I used the single car hauler as his terms and schedule were better.

Tom

3w2    -- 04-05-2019 @ 9:11 AM
  I used Reliable for a move from Oregon to Michigan (and other trips as well) and was always completely satisfied with their rates, service, and equipment.

kubes40    -- 04-05-2019 @ 12:18 PM
  I used Blue Highways ONCE to haul three coupes to and from Dearborn. A total horror story from start to finish.
They were about $1200 (total) cheaper than Passport.
This was one instant where a guy (me) got what he paid for.
Terrible!!!

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 4-5-19 @ 12:18 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12800