Topic: All original 1936 Tudor for reference

jekeys1    -- 08-16-2018 @ 4:54 AM
  I want to let people know about this car, before I start restoring it for a customer. It's a 36' Tudor sedan, ALL ORIGINAL, and we have it running now too. If anyone would like to take references from the car, they are more than welcome to come check it out. The owner's father bought the car brand new, it was a daily driver in upstate NY for 15 years, then stored away in a barn. It actually has lived at the same address all of it's life.

trjford8    -- 08-16-2018 @ 7:17 AM
  Looks like a very nice old car. Just for info I do note that it has non original sealed beam headlights and the center bumper guard is also not an original accessory. There may be other items that are non original on the inside also. If you want to post more photos of the car including the interior we can help you determine what is original and what is not and that can help in the restoration. If you are restoring to original I recommend that you buy the Early Ford V-8 Club's '35-'36 Ford book. It will help you in the restoration if you have not restored one of these cars before.

trjford8    -- 08-16-2018 @ 7:17 AM
  Looks like a very nice old car. Just for info I do note that it has non original sealed beam headlights and the center bumper guard is also not an original accessory. There may be other items that are non original on the inside also. If you want to post more photos of the car including the interior we can help you determine what is original and what is not and that can help in the restoration. If you are restoring to original I recommend that you buy the Early Ford V-8 Club's '35-'36 Ford book. It will help you in the restoration if you have not restored one of these cars before.

hannaboy@pacbell.net    -- 08-16-2018 @ 1:23 PM
  Are those wheels the type referred to as "Wide Fives"? When did Ford switch to the 5 x 5.5" inch wheels?

G Tosel    -- 08-17-2018 @ 10:36 AM
  The wide 5 wheel was used from 1936 to 1939 and changed with the 1940 Ford

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12253