Topic: Transport

silverchief    -- 08-05-2018 @ 5:05 PM
  I need a couple of recommendatos for long distance movers.

Thanks very much.

1940 Tom    -- 08-05-2018 @ 6:11 PM
  Where do you live - what part of the country? What are you transporting, and where? When do you need the car transported?

OK - enough with "Twenty Questions". The "Links" section of this Forum website lists 4-5 transport vendors on it. Check out their websites when you can. There are a bunch of other, very reputable, highly professional transport companies around:

InterCity Lines
Horseless Carriage
Passport
Reliable
Thomas C. Sunday

I've had personal experience with both InterCity and Horseless Carriage and can recommend either one. All transporter firms are pretty pricey, so be prepared.

I've learned over the years that the big, nationwide transporter firms (like the 5 listed above) are all very busy during August. All their trucks are completely full with high dollar cars and they are all headed to Pebble Beach. So you may have some difficulty in finding space on them. I'd contact a smaller company and see if they can help you.

If you need contact info on any of "The Big Five" companies listed above, let me know.

Good Luck.

Tom

roadster36    -- 08-05-2018 @ 6:27 PM
  I have used engineshippers.com many times for hauling engines, and heavy parts from all across the country.
They recently contacted me to let me know that they are now hauling vehicles both operating and non op.
Their prices were about 30% of what the big carriers like UPS,Yellow Freight,Fed Ex, etc.were charging.
They are brokers, they farm the jobs out, but the service has been excellent for me so far.
When I find my next project I will be using them to haul it if I am unable to go and pick it up myself.

silverchief    -- 08-06-2018 @ 9:02 AM

Thanks guys....very helpful.

BUCKAWHO    -- 08-07-2018 @ 4:57 AM
  Hi....Don't forget U-Haul and the "do it yourself aspects" of moving a vehicle. If you have a pickup truck with a hitch, you could save a lot by renting a trailer anf DIY. BT

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12194