Topic: henry ford trade school book

shogun1940    -- 05-08-2010 @ 6:23 PM
  I have a student text book from 1940 from the H. F. trade school, I would like to know what value these have ,and are the common?

trjford8    -- 05-08-2010 @ 8:43 PM
  You might watch e-Bay to see if someone is selling this book or has it in an auction. Another place to check is the people at the archives in Greenfield Village. The people there may have an idea as to rarity and a possible value.

ford38v8    -- 05-08-2010 @ 10:46 PM
  Shogun, There were about a half dozen different subject books, all about 9x12 soft cover, there were several editions of each, and I don't know if any in particular are rare today, but most can be picked up for $20, give or take. I'd say that the Auto Mechanics course book would sell for about $50 in good condition.

Alan

sturgis 39    -- 05-08-2010 @ 10:51 PM
  BORDERS BOOK STORE IS A GOOD SOURCE FOR FINDING THE VALUE OF OLD BOOKS. YOU CAN GO TO THE STORE AND SEARCH FOR THE BOOK ON THEIR COMPUTER. THE COMPUTER WILL SEARCH THEIR BOOK SOURCES AND USUALLY GIVE YOU A CHOICE OF THREE OR FOUR SELLERS.THEIR SOURCES CAN INCLUDE ANTIQUE STORES, USED BOOK STORES AND COLLECTORS THAT HAVE REGISTERED WITH BORDERS. THEY WILL ALSO STATE THE CONDITION OF THE BOOK.

bigvince    -- 05-09-2010 @ 3:38 AM
  Try John L King Books in Detroit. If anyone knows the value of this old book, it's that place.

Vince

42wagon    -- 05-09-2010 @ 5:10 AM
  shogun
You don't give a title for the book. However if it is SHOP THEORY from the Henry Ford Trade School you can find a hardcover copy in most any used book store in the northeast for around $5 to $10. It went through several printings and most likely was used as the standard text by many of the regional trade schools. I have a hardcover copy printed in 1950 and indicating that it was first printed in 1940 with several reprintings before 1950.
Ted

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=1215