Topic: '46 Super Deluxe Fan/Gen Belts

51woodie    -- 07-05-2018 @ 4:33 AM
  I need to replace the fan and gen belts due to cracking and wear. My "green book" has hand written numbers listing A8TZ 8620-A for the gen/pumps and A8AZ 8620-A for the fan. Does anyone have cross-over numbers for these belts?

kubes40    -- 07-05-2018 @ 6:45 AM
  If you want belts that appear authentic, Drake sells them.
If you want something that simply works, go to Napa with your old belts. They can measure them and quickly supply you with a fitting replacement.
Seems to me the replacement is an industrial size, 3L or 4L. Regardless, they can easily match you up.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

supereal    -- 07-05-2018 @ 12:41 PM
  The "genuine" Ford belts have a different pitch than ordinary V belts. This allows the belt to grip the pulleys without excessive tension, particularly regarding the water pump and generator bushings. We get ours from C&G. The price is a bit higher than off the rack belts, but worth it at around $15 per belt. Check their online catalog at www.cgfordparts.com

cliftford    -- 07-05-2018 @ 1:09 PM
  I once had a old nos gen. belt start coming apart at 60 mph. Moral: don't use old belts no matter how good they look. It's not worth it. A good quality belt will last probably as long as your engine will.

cliftford    -- 07-05-2018 @ 1:10 PM
  I once had a old nos gen. belt start coming apart at 60 mph. Moral: don't use old belts no matter how good they look. It's not worth it. A good quality belt will last probably as long as your engine will.

cliftford    -- 07-05-2018 @ 1:10 PM

cliftford    -- 07-05-2018 @ 1:11 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12093