Topic: Heading to Dearborn

nelsb01    -- 06-06-2018 @ 5:23 AM
  Start the journey tomorrow morning at 4:30 am. Going to be driving the 1949 Custom Fordor. First stop will be the SS Badger and crossing Lake Michigan. Will arrive early afternoon on Friday.
Weather looks great for a drive. Hope to see lots of old (probably shouldn't say old, since we all are) Grand National friends. Been attending since Grand National #2 in 1978. This will be the 9th one for me. Lots of new stuff to see. Looking forward to seeing all the alphabet cars Henry manufactured at the Piquette Avenue Ford Plant. And then the chance to actually see the Rouge Plant in production. (all the other Dearborn Grands that I attended they were in summer shutdown)
For all of you planning on attending, safe and fun travels. There is nothing like an old Ford and a two lane road!

TomO    -- 06-06-2018 @ 6:41 AM
  We will be going on Monday, it is only a 6 hour drive from my house. See you there Bruce.

Tom

Kens 36    -- 06-06-2018 @ 6:45 AM
  We are leaving Friday morning, loaded up with goodies for the meet. Carolyn is driving the '51 Mercury, I will be in the '50 Crestliner. We have a short 301 miles, so should be there by lunch. Maybe a late lunch because of the time zone difference. Mmmm. Ford's Garage.

Several people are arriving Saturday, a lot more on Sunday. Parking for the Early V-8s will be available Sunday as soon as the lot can be laid out on the north side of the Edward hotel - left of the building as you drive toward the front door. This will be your parking space for the week.

Safe travels to everyone. We are really excited about seeing all of our V-8 friends from around the world at this reunion. We will see you there.

Ken

nelsb01    -- 06-06-2018 @ 3:53 PM
  Ken;
Vaguely remember being at the Ford Garage with you.............wait, it was more than vaguely.......we were there forever!!!!

Kenneth M.    -- 06-07-2018 @ 6:57 AM
  We are leaving Sunday morning at 6AM. I could take the turnpike but not going to. All back roads so it will take longer but I love back roads to travel. The 40 is in the car trailer as usual. A trailer queen I guess.

Kenneth M. Stewart

Kenneth M.    -- 06-07-2018 @ 6:57 AM
  We are leaving Sunday morning at 6AM. I could take the turnpike but not going to. All back roads so it will take longer but I love back roads to travel. The 40 is in the car trailer as usual. A trailer queen I guess.

Kenneth M. Stewart

ike10691    -- 06-08-2018 @ 7:58 AM
  Just loaded the car, starting to pack, (ish), pretty cloudy here and looks like rain is imminent. Where did you stay after departing the ferry?

nelsb01    -- 06-08-2018 @ 3:36 PM
  Drove for about 1 1/2 hours to Mt Pleasant MI................hwy 10 to hwy 127 south.
Highly recommend Comfort Inn and Suites --- about 100 bucks and great breakfast!!!

1934 Ford    -- 06-09-2018 @ 1:14 PM
  Were going leave Sunday AM with our 34 Fordor on the trailer behind our RV, but my wife is ill and needs some surgery Tuesday. Trip cancelled for us. However, our friends, will go without us, towing their blue 35 Fordor. If you see Dick & Irene Jones with their blue 35 with vermillion wheels and the whitest white walls I ever seen, make them feel welcome.
Also I'm asking the Show hosts to release all our tickets and meals to those in need. Have Fun all you lucky V8ers!!!

1934 Ford's since 1972

lawrie    -- 06-09-2018 @ 3:09 PM
  You make me envious,We would love to be travelling to the meeting,
We will have to be content in just a 200 mile trip to a small country town called Biloela for our clubs annual gathering,
Take care and drive safe.
Lawrie

lawrie    -- 06-09-2018 @ 3:10 PM
  You make me envious,We would love to be travelling to the meeting,
We will have to be content in just a 200 mile trip to a small country town called Biloela for our clubs annual gathering,
Take care and drive safe.
Lawrie

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11982