Topic: I did the Honorable thing!

ibshane    -- 03-13-2018 @ 10:09 PM
  For the sake of preservation & beauty.., rather than butchering my Original '37 Fordor...., I found one already ruined! As much as I love my Original Fordor "Ruby"...., at times she's just not that fun to drive! So I found her a stable mate for those days I feel like hitting the open road. She's a bit of a fixer-upper, but then so was Ruby when I got her! I shall call her "Blu-Bee"

This message was edited by ibshane on 3-13-18 @ 10:16 PM

ford38v8    -- 03-14-2018 @ 12:45 AM
  Shane, I won't diss your blu bee, but I am curious about the windshield. Is it acrylic or is it glass?
If acrylic, I hope the wipers are just for looks!
Oh h*ll. I just have to diss those wheels!

Alan

woodiewagon46    -- 03-14-2018 @ 5:31 AM
  Alan, when the Hot Rodding craze became popular again in the mid '90s there were a couple of companies selling one piece windshields for Ford's. The windshield was acrylic or some other plastic type material. I guess they thought that the two piece windshield wasn't cool enough. They always looked like an afterthought and never seemed to fit right.

trjford8    -- 03-14-2018 @ 8:42 AM
  The windshield in the blue car may or may not be a one piece windshield. There were some companies that sold glass windshields in two pieces that were "V" butted together for the split windshield Fords. They were designed to eliminate the original frame and were held in by modern trim used on late model cars.. It's hard to tell by the photo if it's one piece or two.

ibshane    -- 03-14-2018 @ 3:58 PM
  The Windshield is V-Bend Laminated Safety Glass DOT AS1 (Although I would have prefered it had the original two piece crank-out!)

Like I said in the post regarding Blu bee "I found one already ruined"

I didn't build this morph-0-dite. If I had..., the interior & exterior would have the appearance of a stock 1937 Fordor! Which is the direction I will be going with this rig. I have already ordered stock height spindles to bring the front end back up where it is supposed to be.

I won't be offended if you "Diss" Blu-bee. I know it's a goofy rig.., but the bones of the 2009 build are rock solid.
She runs & rides like a dream. With the fresh 5.0 HO EFI roller engine, Lincoln Town Car AOD tranny & rear end, I've had her up to 90+ and she gets there in a heartbeat without any shake, shimmy, rattle or roll!

As stated.., she's a bit of a fixer-upper..., but Ol' Blu-bee is going to be a really fun project!

FYI: The main reason for my posting Ruby & Blu-Bee together was to convey to some of you guys that no harm will come to "Ruby" since I found "Blu-Bee" as an alternate focus for my more Resto-Mod side!
Several of the guys on this site, as well as The Ford Barn, helped steer me away from doing modern modifications to Ruby..., which in turn helped me to appreciate her the way she was intended to be and made me realize the importance of keeping Ruby all original for the sake of preservation and just plain Old-Schoolness! For all of which I am grateful! You know who you are!

This message was edited by ibshane on 3-14-18 @ 5:31 PM

JM    -- 03-15-2018 @ 6:57 AM
  Oh no! Don't butcher Blu...Bee !! She's too nice. You need to find a third one that's really been butchered

John

JM    -- 03-15-2018 @ 7:00 AM
  Oh no! Don't butcher Blu...Bee !! She's too nice. You need to find a third one that's really been butchered

John

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11737