Topic: Grand National

jim1932    -- 02-07-2018 @ 4:45 PM
  I searched and did not see a discussion. Anyone from the DC area going? Feel free to add requests from other areas too.

TomO    -- 02-08-2018 @ 8:25 AM
  Jim, Try contacting the Regional Groups near you to find out about groups traveling together. Check both Maryland and Virginia for people near the DC area.

It will give you a good chance to know the people that you will be traveling with and find out if you want to join the Regional Group. Use the Regional Group Directory in the left hand banner of this page to find the contact information.

Tom

jim1932    -- 02-11-2018 @ 7:23 AM
  I AM a member of the local group. Just trying to make conversation on here as not everyone goes to the meetings

1934 Ford    -- 02-18-2018 @ 6:04 AM
  Jim,
I also wrote to our Regional Group here in NC and got no response.
It's a big group at the National level, but the number who go to National Meets and National Tours is a very small percentage.
A lot of show cars are not driven much and the Touring gang would rather drive than Show, so the numbers get smaller. I 've done 30 national tours with AACA, VMCCA and 11 Greatraces. One National Show. All in 4 different 1934 Fords, only one of which was a real Show car.
We have teamed up with another couple to each tow our 34 & 35 Ford Fordors to the EFV8 National Show with our motorhomes. We intend to stay for the Motor Muster at Greenfield Village and also visit the Early Ford V8 Foundation Museum and maybe Auburn too.
The planned activities at the V8 Grand National make it much more than a Car Show. We'll be staying 19 miles from the host hotel and will get to do plenty of driving in the Detroit area in our Early Ford V8's.

Paul Dobbin
Franklin NC, 1934 Ford Fordor V8 (Blue & Black, with fender skirts)

1934 Ford's since 1972

Grant    -- 03-13-2018 @ 1:55 PM
  Recently I inquired what restaurants close to the Grand National Meet would be a good choice to eat at.

Three EFV8 Club members who know the area say:

Ford's Garage, 21367 Michigan Ave

Andiamo's italian restaurant, 21400 Michigan Ave (across the street from Ford's Garage)

Guilio & Sons, 600 Town Center Drive (steaks, seafood and italian)

Sign Of The Beef Carver, 23100 Michigan Ave (just east of Outer Drive)

Miller's Bar, 23700 Michigan Ave (good burgers)

Hard to believe it's only 90 days till check-in on June 11th .................

trjford8    -- 03-14-2018 @ 8:54 AM
  On Michigan Ave there used to be a place called Noah's Deli and was not too far from the host hotel going east towards town. It was a fun place where to locals gathered. The counter was "U" shaped and the waitresses stayed in the middle and waited on the customers. I think it there since the 30's. It was there in 2008 but who knows if it still exists now. We had lunch there almost every day when we went to the '08 GN.

Kens 36    -- 03-14-2018 @ 9:13 AM
  Unfortunately, Noah's Deli has been closed since an uninsured motorist crashed into the building in November, causing serious damage. The owner says she intends to reopen.

Bill    -- 03-15-2018 @ 1:29 PM
  Try Bill Simons bsimons@rustinsurance.com

3w2    -- 03-15-2018 @ 3:58 PM
  P.F. Chang, which is within walking distance of the Edward has excellent oriental cuisine.

trjford8    -- 03-16-2018 @ 12:58 PM
  Sorry to hear about Noah's Deli. it was a cool, fun place for lunch. I hope hey can revive it. People from all walks of life ate there.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 3-16-18 @ 12:59 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11640