Topic: 36 5 W/coupe

ken ct.    -- 12-06-2017 @ 8:34 PM
  How hard is it to remove dash board to repaint 36 5 W/ coupe ??? ken ct

This message was edited by ken ct. on 12-11-17 @ 11:29 PM

MICHV8    -- 12-07-2017 @ 4:50 AM
  Shoot...I removed mine to woodgrain and don't recall any issues. What aspect is troubling?

ken ct.    -- 12-07-2017 @ 5:34 AM
  This is a running ,driving car,not an under restoration. Have to deal with all the instraments ,wireing etc,etc. ken ct.

fenbach    -- 12-09-2017 @ 3:56 PM
  to paraphrase bill Clinton, it depends on what the meaning of hard is. i'd disconnect the battery, take a bolt out of the steering box mount, unbolt the column bracket from the dash, drop the steering column, remove the dash, then remove the gauges. open the windshield to get at the upper dash bolts. you probably should remove or loosen the windshield garnish molding. i'll let the next guy fill in the steps I missed. one of which is to disconnect the crimp fittings on the choke and throttle rods. I replaced mine with little connector pieces from an erector set. altho, you can see the set screws if you stand on your head under the dash.
you should have it out in an hour. plus time to find misplaced tools, retrieve wrenches tossed thru a [closed] window into the back yard, wipe up blood, put on band-aids and fill an ice pack for the bump on your noggin. if your projects go anything like mine, that is. I usually fix the window another day. after reinstalling the dash. not wanting to replace the glass twice.

TomO    -- 12-10-2017 @ 5:30 PM
  It is a fairly easy job for a 25 year old and a bear for someone in his late 70's. just like everything else.

Tom

ken ct.    -- 12-10-2017 @ 8:23 PM
  Thanks Tom O. think I caught a bear LOL. ken ct

TomO    -- 12-11-2017 @ 7:03 AM
  By the time you reach 85, it will be a female tiger protecting her cub.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11458