Topic: club problem or scam?

fordmerc    -- 09-30-2017 @ 8:38 AM
  I received an email with the following message (x's inserted to limit any potential damage):
"You can go to the following web address to view your message." https://www.efv8.com/forum/xxxxx.cfm

When I click on the link, I get the following warning:
"Your connection is not secure
The owner of www.efv8.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

When I enter the link manually, I got a 404 error on 2 computers -different browsers.

I did get the message via this website

This message was edited by fordmerc on 9-30-17 @ 8:42 AM

MG    -- 09-30-2017 @ 9:16 AM
  I use Windows 7 and Firefox and encounter no problem when I click on the link provided in the email notification indicating that I have a PM/inbox message at the EFV8 site....

This message was edited by MG on 9-30-17 @ 6:08 PM

len47merc    -- 09-30-2017 @ 3:58 PM
  fordmerc - many of us get the same error message when receiving an e-mail notification of a message in our EFV8 Inboxes and trying to click on the link within the e-mail. I basically just delete the e-mail and log-in to this Forum and check my message. This has been discussed before by others - I recall TomO referencing the problems with the security certificate that causes the issue. Not a scam - just use the e-mail notification as your alert to check your Inbox here for a message and don't worry about clicking on the link in the e-mail.

Steve

3w2    -- 09-30-2017 @ 4:32 PM
  If you are using Windows XP you will be encountering this more frequently as time goes on, not just on the Club site, as Firefox has stopping updating its XP browsers.

fordmerc    -- 10-01-2017 @ 6:52 AM
  I understand. Things like that message are scary in this era. My Windows 10 and some other software help filter stuff but I'm still paranoid.
I have now learned to ignore the email link and go to MyInbox on this site.

ken ct.    -- 10-01-2017 @ 7:07 AM
  I do the same just click on the EFV8C site and by pass the link. ken ct

TomO    -- 10-01-2017 @ 7:33 AM
  Maybe the Administrator could fix the link so it brings you to this site and not the old site.

Tom

supereal    -- 10-03-2017 @ 2:36 PM
  We dropped Windows 10 and installed a Mac Sierra. Great improvement and security. It took care of the flood of scammers, etc. Windows 10 is not as good as Windows 7, and EXP is long gone.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-03-2017 @ 4:34 PM
  The web administrator has forwarded you concerns and issues to the web hosting company.
I will let you know when I hear back from them.

Web Administrator

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-04-2017 @ 2:43 PM
  The problem has been resolved -- thanks to the web hosting company.

Please let us know if you still get the message --- as you should not.

Web Administrator

Cecil/WV    -- 10-08-2017 @ 3:45 PM
  I just now had this same problem. I just ignored it because if I google the web site it goes right on.

Shiny side up! Cecil/WV

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11232