Topic: Collection of EARLY V-8 TIMES magazines?

Flatbob    -- 09-08-2017 @ 9:52 AM
  I have several EARLY V-8 TIMES monthly magazines all in mint condition, do these have any re-sale value?

woodiewagon46    -- 09-08-2017 @ 10:02 AM
  You see them at swap meets for a couple of bucks each.

ford38v8    -- 09-08-2017 @ 10:05 AM
  Value of old V8 Times magazines can range pretty high for select early editions. Complete sets, or, rather, almost complete sets, depending on condition, can sell for several hundred dollars or more. I suggest that you inventory your collection, and list the whole collection for sale here in the Classified Section.

Alan

Flatbob    -- 09-08-2017 @ 12:13 PM
  Don't know if this qualifies as early, but I have complete sets from '96 to '01 and 2004, a couple '95's and a single 2005. I'll put them up for sale in the classified section and see what happens. Thanks for the opinions.

ford38v8    -- 09-08-2017 @ 12:45 PM
  The V8 Times of those years are worth a dollar or two, but you never know, you might have something someone needs to fill out his collection. (By early, I meant from the 60's and 70's.)

Alan

kubes40    -- 09-08-2017 @ 3:27 PM
  Okay, I sold all of mine last year on eBay. I bundled them in years. Had a collection back to the beginning of this club, 1967 or so as I recall.
Anyway, the very early ones brought around $30 for a year. In to the mid to late 70's around $10 a year. After that I pretty much gave them away.
I laugh at the ads I see advertising them for $300 plus a set. Ain't gonna happen my friend...

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

42merc    -- 09-09-2017 @ 5:08 PM
  I also had V8 times going back to 1971. I didn't advertise them, but I offered them free to every car guy I know. Could not give them away. Went into the trash.

woodiewagon46    -- 09-09-2017 @ 5:25 PM
  I donated my entire collection of automobile related magazines to the Speedway Museum in Lincoln, NE. I tried to give them away locally to a few places but they couldn't take them, (I won't go into why they couldn't). On a cross-country trip and a visit to the Museum, we walked thru their library and I mentioned what I had and they offered to take them all.

supereal    -- 09-15-2017 @ 2:06 PM
  My collection began in 1975. Forty two years is a lot of issues and shelf space, but they are all a treasure of Ford history and tips that have almost disappeared. I struck up a friendship with the late Dick Flynn years ago that continued for years. His tips column in the early V8 were mainstays.

woodiewagon46    -- 09-15-2017 @ 5:20 PM
  Supereal, what I started doing is making copies of all the interesting facts and articles and giving the copies away. Sure saves shelf space.

trjford8    -- 09-18-2017 @ 7:56 AM
  If you have the binders they can sell for a minimum of $25 each. Binders are no longer sold by the club so they have become valuable. I take old V-8 Times and stick a label on the front advertising the club and how to subscribe to the magazine. I hand them out at car shows to flathead guys/girls that are not aware of the club.

kubes40    -- 09-18-2017 @ 1:15 PM
  You're right about the binders. I did sell them separately from the V8 Times. I don;t recall exactly what I realized for them but do recall I was pleasantly surprised.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

alanwoodieman    -- 09-18-2017 @ 7:43 PM
  I will go to my grave owning my Ford Reference Library, aka V8 Times--as long as there are flatheads to fix, I will have my resources

supereal    -- 09-19-2017 @ 10:13 AM
  When you reach the 8th decade of your life, there is still usually plenty of shelf space for the V8 TIMES. Certainly a better resource than one's memory of the ins and outs of the hobby. I do miss the article index that used to be a part of the club roster. To use it, you need the issue date which is on the cover of the TIMES. As interest in the old car hobby continues to fade, this Ford "lore" becomes more precious.

39 Ken    -- 09-20-2017 @ 3:39 AM
  Bob, The index that you reference can be found right here on the forum.
Look to the left of this message for the forum contents.
Scroll down to V-8 Times and click on it.
Scroll down to V-8 Times Index and click on it.
It's all there in PDF form and can be searched or down loaded.
Credit to Frank Scheidt for putting this together.
I assume that this is being updated as each issue is sent out.
Ken

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11166