Topic: short judging question

Bob56    -- 09-05-2017 @ 3:32 PM
  is it worth changing my optima battery after mechanical inspection to a non working ford script battery

kubes40    -- 09-05-2017 @ 5:25 PM
  I suppose that's up to you entirely.
Personally I wouldn't feel very good about cheating the system.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

3w2    -- 09-05-2017 @ 5:43 PM
  You're the one who gets to see yourself in the mirror.

MG    -- 09-05-2017 @ 6:47 PM
  If the original type battery in question is a group 2LF, what you suggest might be your only option to show a period correct battery given that the 2LF is no longer manufactured....

Furthermore, what you suggest is very common on the Concours Field. That is, to change-out functional components for period correct, easily swapped out components like fuel pumps, carburetors, spark-plugs, etc. Cheating??? If there is a rule against doing this, I'm not aware of it and if so, it certainly isn't enforced.....At least not in my many experiences....

This message was edited by MG on 9-5-17 @ 7:33 PM

Bob56    -- 09-06-2017 @ 4:07 AM
  The battery is the only part I feel is not period correct and since I can't find one other than my dead soldier I just thought I could use it to show

trjford8    -- 09-06-2017 @ 7:12 AM
  Bob, you can hide your Optima inside your old original case. It's done all the time. There have been some past discussions on this very thing.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 9-6-17 @ 7:12 AM

woodiewagon46    -- 09-06-2017 @ 7:21 AM
  I don't know if what Bob wants to do is "cheating". I see people changing to original spark plugs and even wheels and tires to gain extra points at a meet. If you want to go thru all the work for a trophy or some sort of recognition, so be it. Is trailering a car to compete with non trailered cars cheating? Who cares, drive your car and enjoy it!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11159