Topic: Showing Car

Bob56    -- 08-23-2017 @ 8:40 AM
  Going to show my car at the Western show next month. What is entailed with the operational inspection. This will be my first show.

TomO    -- 08-23-2017 @ 9:29 AM
  On the left side of your screen, there is a banner that has a topic called National Club Information.

Hover your mouse over it and then click on Forms. This will take you to a page with sample Judging Forms. Down load all of the forms to do with judging, so you are familiar with the standards used on the Concourse and will not have any unpleasant surprises.

Unfortunately I did not see the Operational Check Form there.

The Operational Check just makes sure that you have a 32-53 Ford engine in your vehicle, all lights work, the brakes and emergency brake work, no excessive steering wheel play, ask you if your wipers work and check for a fire extinguisher.

I may have missed something, but others will fill in any missing information.

Good Luck with showing your car. I hope that you get a Dearborn, but if you don't, you can work on your car to acheive that next time.

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 8-23-17 @ 9:33 AM

ford38v8    -- 08-23-2017 @ 9:37 AM
  Bob, All the info you will need is here on this website.
From the menu on the left, go to "National Club Information" , from there go to "Forms".
You will need the following forms:

Judging Form Instructions For Vehicle Owners
Judging Supplement 1932 - 1948 (or the appropriate equivalent for your car)

The first page of the supplement is Operational Check.
ALL cars must complete the Operational Check before going onto the Concourse.

Alan

trjford8    -- 08-23-2017 @ 10:34 AM
  In addition to TomO's information they do check to see if the horn works. TomO is correct that the forms on this site do not indicate what is examined at the operational check. This information should be added for those who are new to showing on the concourse.

Bob56    -- 08-23-2017 @ 11:23 AM
  does it need to have seat belts

sarahcecelia    -- 08-23-2017 @ 11:57 AM
  Seat belts were not "original equipment," so I would not think so. "Kubes" or TomO, how say you? In Florida, unless they were original equipment, classic cars are exempted from the "seat belt law" and do not have to have them, but that's for local shows and just driving them around.

Regards, Steve Lee

sarahcecelia    -- 08-23-2017 @ 12:01 PM
  As a matter of fact, my 1940 convertible won the Antique Auto Club of America Award., and Dearborn Museum Award, and had no seat belts- and still has none.

Regards, Steve Lee

Don Rogers    -- 08-23-2017 @ 12:06 PM
  For concourse judging there is no deduction whether you have seat belts or not.

ford38v8    -- 08-23-2017 @ 12:39 PM
  The Operational Check is on the first page of the Judging Supplement, available on this website.

Alan

Bob56    -- 08-23-2017 @ 3:28 PM
  Thanks everyone

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11119